Camp/Ride

mtnbiker5

Sorry if I'm in the wrong section here, are there any good places to camp and then ride in Northern NJ? Memories of Jim Thorpe still resonate in my head. Always was a good time out there. Mahlon? What about that camping area in Lewis Morris? Is that available to the public to make a reservation somewhere for a site?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I think Lewis Morris, Mahlon, and Wawayanda all have camping. Round Valley but that's more central.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
lewis morris has a few, but you need to book them well in advance, as it's mainly a group camping site and they will let the 'solo' sites to group camping overflow.

mahlon has year round, staffed camping in rather nice facilities with an overabundance of kick axe trails. stephens state park has camping, though i don't know if it's year round. there are obviously a ton of trails across the street from stephens in deer park/allamuchy(and kittatiny), and there is a developing trail system within stephens as well.

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
A little further but i thought Blue mt would be perfect for this. XC then wake up the next day to FR.......

Top Bottom