Calling any Piano/Keyboard Players

Status
Not open for further replies.

iman29

Any of you musicians know someone who can play piano/keyboard and sight read music pretty well ?

My oldest son is looking for someone to help him lay down a recording of some sheet music for his broadway show audition call back. They gave him sheet music to learn but not the accompanying track like an MP3.

I even have a decent electronic keyboard that can travel in the car pretty easily to anywhere as needed.

I doubt it would take more than 1/2 hour of someone’s time.

Would be much appreciated and you could maybe get some good seats if he gets a part.

PM me here or text at 973-229-5505

Thanks.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Go to Rutgers and put up a poster. Students are always looking for recordings of themselves. That said, musicians don’t take kindly to playing for free generally so throw in some $$$ and it will happen a lot faster.

I’d do it but my chops are so-so. Can you take a pic of the sheet music and post it?

iman29

Go to Rutgers and put up a poster. Students are always looking for recordings of themselves. That said, musicians don’t take kindly to playing for free generally so throw in some $$$ and it will happen a lot faster.

I’d do it but my chops are so-so. Can you take a pic of the sheet music and post it?

Thanks I would be able to compensate I should have stated that earlier of course musicians need to get paid.

Rutgers is far for me but the audition timeline is kinda tight so I need someone this weekend.

I will try to get the music and post it here. Thanks.

Karate Monkey

Where you located? We're in central NJ, but [both of] our schedules are packed.

Are you looking for, literally, an accompaniment? That's not bad. If you are looking for an accompaniment+singing, that can take easily 1-2 hours to get it where both sides do everything 'right'.

Just some food for thought.

iman29

Hey thanks.

I’m in Morris county 20 min west of Morristown in Flanders.

Just need 16-20 bars of the music played on its own. Don’t need it recorded with voice he will use it to sing along to for the audition tape.

Getting the sheet music to post here.

Hope that clarifies good question.

clarkenstein

JORBA.ORG
Man that’s no issue at all. I can bang that out if someone doesn’t get to it first - only issue is having a quiet house to record it in. When does he need it by? Obviously I’d do it for free - I was just saying to get a student to jump on it, money helps.

@Karate Monkey didn't know you played!

iman29

Man that’s no issue at all. I can bang that out if someone doesn’t get to it first - only issue is having a quiet house to record it in. When does he need it by? Obviously I’d do it for free - I was just saying to get a student to jump on it, money helps.

Wow that’s great and I would totally compensate you somehow like beer or something.

Ideally as soon as possible but latest would be Sunday morning so he can prep his audition video along to it.

Text me as needed we can coordinate if you’re willing and able to find some quiet time.

Thanks and thanks.

iman29

Also doesn’t need to be like high def level recording studio quality at all. Just good enough to sing along to.

Thanks all !

Karate Monkey

Yes, professional musician/teacher (both of us)...

Anyway, yeah, not difficult to work that out. If it doesn't work out, we can probably make it work for you.

clarkenstein

JORBA.ORG
Wow that’s great and I would totally compensate you somehow like beer or something.

Ideally as soon as possible but latest would be Sunday morning so he can prep his audition video along to it.

Text me as needed we can coordinate if you’re willing and able to find some quiet time.

Thanks and thanks.

Ok I’ll text if I can’t get to it by tomorrow afternoon. I have plans for a family party starting and if I can’t get the mic up to the piano with a quiet house by then I’ll let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom