Caliper won't fit right on new fork

w_b

Yes, it is tapered but I can't confirm the offset is 44mm. It came with the bike so the spec from the bike manufacturer didn't go into that level of detail. Here's the bike it came off of. https://www.orbea.com/us-en/ebikes/mountain/rise/cat/rise-m20-20mph
I just checked the specs on Orbea.com and it is 44mm. Will check steerer length I need after the kids go down in an hour or so and report back. Thanks.

E22E5AE1-1E34-4BE9-87D8-F632176F164C.png

a.s.

Mr. Chainring

serviceguy

Personally, I wouldn't necessary trust the manufacturer website 100% for the specs of a non manufacturer specific component, since it's a Fox I would just look up the model code on the left lower sticker on the RideFox.com website instead.

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
I got it sorted out. So I found the stock adapter that came with the 34 fork. Along with the adapter are the 2 different length bolts and those funky pairs of convex/concave washers. I got the F180P adapter to work by using 2 pairs of those washers on each bolt, one pair on either side of the caliper. So the order is fork, adapter, 1 pair of funky washers, caliper, another pair of funky washers, longer bolt for the top with its own washer. Repeat for the shorter bolt.

serviceguy

I got it sorted out. So I found the stock adapter that came with the 34 fork. Along with the adapter are the 2 different length bolts and those funky pairs of convex/concave washers. I got the F180P adapter to work by using 2 pairs of those washers on each bolt, one pair on either side of the caliper. So the order is fork, adapter, 1 pair of funky washers, caliper, another pair of funky washers, longer bolt for the top with its own washer. Repeat for the shorter bolt.
sad-hulk.gif

OK, I can't leave it alone...those are called leveling washers and should not be used as spacers.

Last edited:

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
There is diagram for all the combos like this somewhere. It is fairly ridiculous how many combinations there is

Reactions: w_b
Top Bottom