Bush Quote from farewell conference

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
"Unless you ride mountain bikes as hard as you can to forget that you are president"

Don't want to turn this into a political debate, but you have to love when the president makes a quote like that.

I'll have to google the transcript later, I missed a part of it, but that was in response when questioned something like "do you ever forget you are president?"

badass.

al415

Banned
We are probably the only sub-culture in the world that might have SOME fond memories of him in years to come... If his plan to open all that National Park land to cyclists works out.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
you'll see the occasional thread over on emptybeer pop up with pics of him riding or pics of his bike. he rides a pretty cool FS trek - just with toe clips versus clipless. if you "use the google" you can pull up some news clips about him riding - there have been a few times when he fell off his bike - which means he is definitely riding hard.

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Naw dude he def rides clipless

bush-bike.jpg

bush_hoists_bike.jpg

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
there have been a few times when he fell off his bike - which means he is definitely riding hard.
:rofl:, good one.

Seriously though, the dude is the president and he isn't outfitted better as far as clothing is concerned? Maybe he is wearing a bulletproof vest under that coat?

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
:rofl:, good one.

Seriously though, the dude is the president and he isn't outfitted better as far as clothing is concerned? Maybe he is wearing a bulletproof vest under that coat?

well, i guess riding hard is all relative... i'm not saying he's sam hilll, but for his age, i'm sure he's doing something more than tooling around if he's bailing on his bike and getting back on it.

gtluke

The Moped
Bullet proof vests don't stop rifle bullets, only handgun. If a person gets in handgun range with a gun, game is over anyway.
edit: And Bush has the greatest assassination prevention tool available, Cheney is the VP.

Last edited:

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
you'll see the occasional thread over on emptybeer pop up with pics of him riding or pics of his bike. he rides a pretty cool FS trek - just with toe clips versus clipless. if you "use the google" you can pull up some news clips about him riding - there have been a few times when he fell off his bike - which means he is definitely riding hard.

There was one news conference when he had cuts and scrapes on his face. The news commentator said it was from crashing during mountain biking earlier in the day. Pretty funny.

gtluke

The Moped
Sad that the media never cared about this stuff.
We just elected a smoker, but they tell us about every time he plays basketball, what dogs he's looking at buying, and that he brought the first video game console (wii) into the white house. I'm surprised the bush girls never had video games at all.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I also found this quote from the press....

Q: "Mr. President, is there a reason that you are wearing non biking looking apparel? Most notably your baggy shorts?"

A: "Certainly is....tights are gay!"

:rofl:

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
There's pictures of Obama road biking with matching jerseys and tights.

Ok, maybe that's a lie...

-Steve

Top Bottom