Burning Thighs...

m5161968

Is there a difference compression shorts/leggings to under armour cold weather gear leggings? Need to know how to ease the burning thighs that happens when I ride. I would like to chalk it up to me just starting to ride, but if there's a difference please help me out. If it's a getting in shape thing then I'll just have to deal with for now.

Most likely due to just starting to ride. How many rides have you done so far and in what timeframe? If you've gone out like 7 times within 2-3 weeks and your thighs still burn, there's probably something weird going on.

Compression supposedly massages you while your muscles flex. They fit very tight and may not look pretty on a 300lb man ;)

Funny is right, but I've only got 5 day of riding in thus far due to waiting on bike. Can't get anymore saddle time because of this, once I have my ride I'm limited to taking rental bike out on the weekends...

Keep riding, it will go away.
Rest well between rides. Massages help. Make sure you drink plenty of water. And make sure your diet is not deficient in calcium.

Good job getting out there! Keep it up.

Sorry I didnt help you with the compression leggings question :eek:

Your legs are suppose to burn. Otherwise biking would be easy and everyone would be doing it.;).
On a serious note.
Not sure of your medical history but my legs burn and hurt every day, regardless of if I ride or not. I'm on cholesterol meds and they doubled my dosage in Sept. and my legs feel like dead weight. If you're taking Statin drugs that could have that effect on you, if not then give it a little time and it will pass.

Wait. What if it's just because he's wearing too thin of a tight and his legs are cold? Simple first, then delve into his medical history.

Example:

Hey, my head is cold. Should I put on a hat or go to the hospital and have some tests done to see if I suffer from some rare cold head disease?

-Jim.

I always assumed any aches or pains I felt just meant I need to ride more because a: I'm not very good at it b: I'm out of shape c: I'm doing something wrong, technique wise.

wood look into reading simple guidelines on saddle height, and if that doesnt work, a bicycle fitting.

How often do you bike a week ?
Do you do any other activities ?
Are you doing any other exercises or go to a gym ?

If your literally just starting out to ride then yes your legs will be on fire . My legs always burn out no matter how many times i ride just not as fast as when i first started riding .

As some have mentioned , check to make sure your saddle height is correct too .

If you really want the burn rub on some mad alchemy pre ride oil AFTER!!!!!! you put your bibs on. Wash your hands really well.

If I am reading these comments right, burning legs equates to std. I would just keep riding for a month and re-evaluate.

Back
Top Bottom