Bulldog Rump

MST.ESQ

Will the course be marked before Sunday?

Anyone know when it will be marked? I am a beginner and have never been to Kitatinny. One look at the map and I know I will get lost... I am not fast enough to pre-ride with sport and expert riders who have been meeting up to run the course - but would like to try my luck Friday night or very early Sat if possible.

MST.ESQ

Course will apparently be marked on Saturday afternoon

According to my Bikereg.com registration receipt "The course will be marked by 2:00 pm on Saturday June 28, 2008."

RNG1

When I pre rode last week there was one short but tricky climb with a big fat root running down the middle in the direction that you ride, anyone find a good line on that spot and clear it:hmmm:? middle, left or right?:hmmm:

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
For me the only way up is with a very fast approach, hang to the right, when you hit the first root launch (bunny hop, jump, whatever) over the mix of rocks in the middle. While in the air I drifted to the left, spun my tire, dug hard and eventually made it.

My plan for the race - get to the bottom and dismount. Trying to ride it (for me) is probably a 60/40 proposition and even at that I can run it faster and with more reliability.

Ironjunk

I'd like to see the how the pro/expert riders deal with it. I don't think much people will take the risk

RNG1

I figured only a select few would be able to ride that cleanly during a race pace, I was only there once and my recall is that is really the only place then for a dismount, what do you guys think?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I figured only a select few would be able to ride that cleanly during a race pace, I was only there once and my recall is that is really the only place then for a dismount, what do you guys think?

The very first hill will be rider carnage at the start of the race, so I expect to unclip right at the base of that. And there's that one little tricky hard right with the little rock face that you'll unclip for if there are a lot of riders in there. Everything changes during a race when you add higher effort and mass hysteria of other racers.

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
The very first hill will be rider carnage at the start of the race, so I expect to unclip right at the base of that. And there's that one little tricky hard right with the little rock face that you'll unclip for if there are a lot of riders in there. Everything changes during a race when you add higher effort and mass hysteria of other racers.

That first "climb" has been thouroghly cleaned up. I was there yesterday around 3:30. If you hit that left turn wide with a little speed, stay right, about half way up back over to the left (like a chicane), you fly right up. 1st lap forget it - unless you're #1 going thru.

Oh yeah - throw in the rain and forget it. Even the last "climb" with the two exposed rocks with eat you.

F

FallGirl1430

Easy to figure out ...

When I pre rode last week there was one short but tricky climb with a big fat root running down the middle in the direction that you ride, anyone find a good line on that spot and clear it:hmmm:? middle, left or right?:hmmm:

I can't believe what I'm reading! You guys cannot figure out what to do with this tricky little climb! One says ... bunny hop, forget all that stuff.
We are from Jersey are we not? When no one is looking, cut the course! Plain and simple. Problem solved :D

Fogetaboutit ... :)

RNG1

I have an old Cannondale 16" frame but it's not built up at the moment. If you get really desperate and want to somehow deal with it let me know.

trener1

In Brooklyn

Well if you want to come down to Brooklyn, you are welcome to borrow mine.
I'm down with a cold and can't race.

CrossAddict

No Rain

Well, the weather was fine and Team Bulldog did it again. Great course, and nicely run event. The watermelon afterwards was my favorite part. Thanks again for a silly sweet day. VTC July 1st !!!

-r foco

Top Bottom