Bulldog Rump

Thanks, does the other side have any kind of a playground or anything like that?

Thanks, does the other side have any kind of a playground or anything like that?

There are no playgrounds at Kittatinny. There is a lake, airport, picnic tables, and lots of fun trails. One thing Kittatinny does not have, is alot of climbing on the Race course side of the park. It will be fast.:D

-rf

Is 5,000 feet of climbing correct? Wow, thats a lot.

HA!! Maybe there's 500 feet of elevation there, and that would total be across all 3 laps, it's pretty flat but it's an awesome course!! I wish they would throw that climb in across the street;)

-Jim.

Agreed, we were up there today and there really are no climbs to speak of (if we did the actual course). There is one short technical climb that will probably get most people running, but that is mainly because it is tough to find a good line on it.

School is out for summer

Now that school is out. :) How about some course info from the crew of team 'teachers' aka bulldogs? Any leaks? ryan, brian, noah, or rob?

I guess I'll have to wait.:(

peace and see ya this summer. :D

-rf

VTC 2008 <-- enrolment now open

Aside from Stewart, KVSP is the most friendly course of all and it's a great place to bring the family cause there's enough room. There are also a few nice trails for the kids. Park at the 206 lot, go down the rail bed for like a few hundred yards and make a right onto the first trail then stay left. It's always where I've bought my kids for their first real trail ride. If you keep on the rail bed you'll hit the race area in like a mile or so. As far as outhouses go, there's one at the parking lot and then there's another at the main lot for the race. Could be more but I don't know. If the race is at where Norm posted the motion-based anyone can win cause there isn't a part of the course to separate the men from the boys.

If the race is at where Norm posted the motion-based anyone can win cause there isn't a part of the course to separate the men from the boys.

The more we talked about this today, the more we think the course will be different this year. But I think it's got to be more or less on some set of those trails. But you're right, there are no big climbs or nasty tech sections though there are a few rocky sections that can turn your tire if you're not paying attention. And of course there's that wild boar that got Jake today.

First Race

I am thinking about doing this as my first race...Beginner 19-29.
I have never been to KVSP and want to do a pre ride at some point this week after work, say 6:30 PM or so, any idea when the course will be marked? What about a distance/lap? The registration site says 10 miles, but from what I read the courses are never that long. I know about what I need to do for preparation in terms of nutrition and a solid warmup before the start, does anyone else have any advice that will help me out?
This week I will be making sure my steed is in good working order.

Advice: Make sure you keep it fun.

This course is actually as long as advertised. By my count it's actually a bit longer. But not a lot of climbing so you should be ok.

Advice point #2: Make sure you keep it fun.

I am thinking about doing this as my first race...Beginner 19-29.
I have never been to KVSP and want to do a pre ride at some point this week after work, say 6:30 PM or so, any idea when the course will be marked? What about a distance/lap? The registration site says 10 miles, but from what I read the courses are never that long. I know about what I need to do for preparation in terms of nutrition and a solid warmup before the start, does anyone else have any advice that will help me out?
This week I will be making sure my steed is in good working order.

it seems like you have the prep work taken care of so like Norm said, JUST HAVE FUN.

8:30 Kittatinny Tuesday morning

:getsome:EABODS and I are riding really early 8:30 Gooddale parking lot:getsome:

peace

-r to the f

Itchy business

I was out there last week and a day or so later these bumpy dark red spots started showing up on the back of one of my legs but high around the back of the knee area. I was never really off the trail and I suspect it is from the couple of sections where the trail narrows and cuts through the tall grass or weeds or whatever grain it is and whips at your legs. They itch like crazy and I know it sounds like poison ivy but I don't think it is. Any body else experience this and know what the hell it is? Maybe someone putting the race together can ride a quad or something through there once and flatten some of that out. I don't know if that is allowed so it is just a thought.

I was out there last week and a day or so later these bumpy dark red spots started showing up on the back of one of my legs but high around the back of the knee area. I was never really off the trail and I suspect it is from the couple of sections where the trail narrows and cuts through the tall grass or weeds or whatever grain it is and whips at your legs. They itch like crazy and I know it sounds like poison ivy but I don't think it is. Any body else experience this and know what the hell it is?.

It's probably this:

chig2.jpg

More about it:
http://mdc.mo.gov/nathis/arthopo/chiggers/

Back
Top Bottom