Bulldog Rump Complaints and Suggestions Department

yikes. i knew i didn't kill it, but man that stinks.

Eh, I wouldn't make much of it until you see the times. I'd rather be 4 minutes off the winner and 11th place than 5 minutes off the winner and 2nd. This race brought out a lot of racers so the fields were big. It was also fast so you had huge packs of people coming in within a minute of one another. 5-8 in our class was literally a 12 second spread.

Alex, thanks for looking out bro. After getting my cast on today you actually just made my freakin' day as I figured I must have been close to last after my fiasco. That means a lot to know that I was probably holding 2nd steady or possibly first and I was still feeling really good. I may still have a shot at something if I can heal up and rock and roll in sept. Where's the video man, I got time on my hands now!:D

Sure thing man, even better if you get bumped up 1 spot to 14th
Good things come to those who wait :D I know I know, i cant wait to get it done too. I hit my to do list hard as soon I a got home Sun so I can work on the footage, but the list is looong :mad:
Hmmmm, singlepeed! im thinking of converting my Trek STP to a singlespeed :hmmm:

Last edited:
Eh, I wouldn't make much of it until you see the times. I'd rather be 4 minutes off the winner and 11th place than 5 minutes off the winner and 2nd. This race brought out a lot of racers so the fields were big. It was also fast so you had huge packs of people coming in within a minute of one another. 5-8 in our class was literally a 12 second spread.

I knew it was a fast race -- much faster field than Stewart where I had the leaders in view throughout the prologue.

I just don't have the legs that early on. Takes me time to get up to speed. More long rides to build leg strength? Stamina isn't an issue but I'd like to build speed.

I knew it was a fast race -- much faster field than Stewart where I had the leaders in view throughout the prologue.

I just don't have the legs that early on. Takes me time to get up to speed. More long rides to build leg strength? Stamina isn't an issue but I'd like to build speed.

Maybe try a longer and more intense warm up before the race, so you are already up to speed at the start.

Maybe try a longer and more intense warm up before the race, so you are already up to speed at the start.

yep, that's definitely seems to be in order. before he crashed, rob was killing it and said he felt great after hitting the trainer for 20 minutes prior to the race. thanks -

yep, that's definitely seems to be in order. before he crashed, rob was killing it and said he felt great after hitting the trainer for 20 minutes prior to the race. thanks -

That was my problem too, didnt get that much warm up and recovering after blowing up the first time takes forever :drooling: I should have done that during warm up :mad:
Trainer warmp up in the shade is probably best :hmmm:

I protest,..

Overall, a great race! But double check that the correct number plates are given out. An 18 yr old male was given a number for the 12-34 womens category, so he was scored with the women and placed first until I protested!

And that's why a Protest period exists. Good job,...State Champion!

As for splitting age categories,..it happens some times. I got to the Expert womens start late, so when they asked if we wanted to go out by age groups,..I said "yea." All it ever takes is one rider to "state the question," ....then the girls vote on it. Juniors, seniors, then Master Racers were moving into line,..so I guess it was a Go.

It's really a race tactic to go as a big group. A Big group will either allow you to escape if you are a fast started or slow a racer down because they now have to "pass" the fast starters. Some people race harder when they can "see" the others, some race the "clock" to put distance between racers.

Either way,...it's better for some and not for others. Ask the promoter before the race or ask,.."one the line."

Just remember. If everyone gets splits then it will take longer for racers to finish,...sport will start later cause beginners will still be on the course,..and experts will start even later. Results will take longer to post too.

As for buying a license before the results where posted,...legal and written in the rule book of usacycling. Buying a license encourages you to do more races and causes the "oneday" racer from entering. It helps to discourage sandbagging.

Every race promoter is trying their best to make it a fun day of competition. If you think you can do a better job,...please volunteer at the next race. Many hands make light work. Thanks!

I enjoy going as a big group in the Women's Sport category. I feel alot more relaxed at the starting line because all the women are together and socializing with each other as one big group. I think it would be more of a stressful start if we were split up, but thats my opinion. Also, at the Bulldog start I feel they made it clear that we were all going as one big group, so I don't see where the confusion was, but maybe some women were expecting the same start as Stewart.

Either way, it was a fun day and it's great to see so many more women racing in sport!

Last edited:
I enjoy going as a big group in the Women's Sport category. I feel alot more relaxed at the starting line because all the women are together and socializing with each other as one big group. I think it would be more of a stressful start if we were split up, but thats my opinion. Also, at the Bulldog start I feel they made it clear that we were all going as one big group, so I don't see where the confusion was, but maybe some women were expecting the same start as Stewart.

Either way, it was a fun day and it's great to see so many more women racing in sport!

You just want the bigger group so you get more comments on your nails matching your frame! :p

Not being critical of the Romp or Bulldog...Just an observation of many events.

Do something that allows riders to identify their competitors from behind. Another promoter wrote the class/age group on the back of each racer's leg. It makes it much easier to identify your competition while racing.

I was miffed when the person asked me to turn around at the registration table at a recent event. After he wrote my race category on the back of my calf I was like, "Wow...why doesn't every race do that?"

Do something that allows riders to identify their competitors from behind. Another promoter wrote the class/age group on the back of each racer's leg. It makes it much easier to identify your competition while racing.

I was miffed when the person asked me to turn around at the registration table at a recent event. After he wrote my race category on the back of my calf I was like, "Wow...why doesn't every race do that?"

They always do that for Triathlons, I guess because everyone pretty much starts at the same time so there would be know way to identify your competition, but I think it would be a good idea for MTB races.

Best idea I've heard yet. Maybe another set of numbers that you can hang from seat?

how about we all just wear bibs rather than number plates? wouldnt bother me at least.

At Nationals

They always do that for Triathlons, I guess because everyone pretty much starts at the same time so there would be know way to identify your competition, but I think it would be a good idea for MTB races.

They only do this at the Nationals as far as I know,...and it's on the side of the calf verse the back.

I guess it could be done, but there aren't enough volunteers to do registration,..marshal the course,...time keeping, put up & take down, food zone marshal, awards,...parking,...etc. How long to racers want to wait in line at registration? If you bring a marker,.. you stand there from 8 am beginners til 1245 for experts and mark there calves. It would be a great spot for a "single" volunteer. Free Eyecandy!

NJ Jess said:
If you bring a marker,.. you stand there from 8 am beginners til 1245 for experts and mark there calves. It would be a great spot for a "single" volunteer. Free Eyecandy!

I'm bringing my marker to the next race. I'll be the one calling all the women over to the body painting area!

For those wondering what we are talking about; This is my calf after the Neshaminy Classic a couple weeks ago. My kids got a kick out of it.
IMG_1511Small.jpg

They did that at MASS races I did. Not sure if they do at all of them, but they did at 2 of them I went to. We can get carried away with the things we put on our legs. :)

I'm bringing my marker to the next race. I'll be the one calling all the women over to the body painting area!

For those wondering what we are talking about; This is my calf after the Neshaminy Classic a couple weeks ago. My kids got a kick out of it.
IMG_1511Small.jpg

I bet that stands for Sexy Shaniqua!!!

OK, I'm done :topic:

SEXY as HELL , GO SS

YO what a sexy calf muscle you have DAMN !!! LOL J/k

"I had to add that in"

>>>well Single speeders rule!! <<<<<<<<<<<

IMG_1511Small.jpg

I was thinking about posting something similar to this since the beginning of the season but was afraid it was one of those obvious things that everyone would yell at me and say that it was tried already, now I see sometime the most obvious things are missed. I was thinking maybe some kind of color neon circle sticker that you put on the back of your helmet so you can see from a distance, but then I realized you would need to have a bunch of different colors for at least whatever age groups were out on the course at one time so that probably wouldn't work. It can't be that complicated to figure that out. Also, along the same lines is it asking too much of the scorers as you go through a checkpoint to at least call out maybe the first 3 places so you have an idea of whether you are in the running or not? I know we don't want to ask too much of those people during an event so that they can keep the scoring as accurate as possible, but it would be great to know if you are at least in the front or not. Before I crashed and burned I felt I was annoying everyone I passed by asking them what age group they were in when I figured I was nearing the front of my group, but that doesn't really help anyway because there could still be someone in your group out ahead. Someone should invent a video game type thing where you can see red dots on a screen that you have to chase:hmmm:

Back
Top Bottom