Bulldog Rump Complaints and Suggestions Department

I think that the women's sport field was large enough to split the age groups and send us out 2 mins apart or whatever the stagger was. They did it at Stewart and it was much appreciated. I believe it was done for the experts and a small group was sent out. Needs to be done with us too please.

If a race promoter is comtemplating splitting up the girls into two groups, let's say if the group is larger than X, and I agree with that, then some thought has to be given on which group goes first. I didn't race today, so I can't quote those results. But I think I can generalize from the previous H2H races that the bulk of the 35+ sport women finish up towards the front. We had to pass a bunch of younger women in the tight singletrack at Stewart. There is always going to be some younger women that are faster and some older women who are slower, so you just have to go with the majority numbers.

My 2 cents.

I agree. I think adding 1-2 more minutes between groups would be much better, but that is a complaint for the whole series, not just the Bulldog Rump. And it would only add 10-15 minutes to the overall race time for each class for each class. Not that big a deal for the officials.

I would have to comment that adding time in between classes would depend on how long the course is. Speaking from my experience last year, when I was always dead last in sport, I would relish the longer courses b/c then I wouldn't be getting passed in my 2nd lap and still have one more lap to go! Adding 10-15 min is a big deal to those in the back when the laps are running 30 minutes for the lead guys.

Norm, So what if the kid bought a licence after the fact. Is he a NJ resident? I guess this argument is a little one-sided as I think I know who the kid is. The young gentlemen in question has decided to race xc with some downhill mixed in. He is intrested in going up to Mt. Snow thus needed the licence anyway. There are too few juniors as there is right now. Being a teacher I have started a MTB club at the school and we have about half dozen racers and another dozen riders. I also coach the Varsity Ski team and have seen the worst of parents. (just ask Matt M. from 'bulldog')

Can't we all just get along.

I have no idea who was right or wrong or even what the real story is. The poster above who surmised anything about me was putting words in my mouth. What I saw was 2 parents acting like children which is not what the sport needs.

My point is in-line with your last sentence.

Hey Ladies,

This is so awesome having 20 sport women come out to race! There have been much more than expected this year for sure. Thanks for any feedback.

This year splitting the groups at the start is left up to each promoter, as each course offers different passing space. I think it is a known fact that Stewart is a hard place to pass and I am glad they split you at that race. I have no idea why they split the experts yesterday. I prefer to race as one group myself to offer broader competition, but I did not want to complain at the start if someone else wanted it that way. I also think racing as one group gives the feeling of racing and not just being out for a 2 or 3 hour ride by myself.

Part of being in the sport class is learning the dynamics of racing, like how and when to pass. It has always been my experience that the women are quite civil and considerate of each other while racing, however the larger #'s in turn out will be reviewed as always, so if any other women have issues with field size, feel free to post or pm me. In the mean time, If there are any specific problems that occur out there while racing, please do not hesitate to report or ask about them.

Go Girls!

There was a situation with the results of 40-44 yesterday that I thought need to be looked at, it concerns GTHeller( Greg Heller) , man if youre reading this I want to make you aware that they got you winning the race yesterday but nobody saw you up there (top 5 guys during the race), we were working with Jullian and you were actually moved down as far as 14th, and this may not even be accurate, I dont know if you DNFed or how you finished so you might want to get intouch with the Bulldog crew to straighten it out, I reviewed the video and you were in the leading group at the start until first single track section where you stopped and checked your drivetrain, was it mechanical? but I didnt see you after that. If you in fact DNFed, the rest of the field should be moved up 1 spot.
Rob, your biathalon strategy got you 15th/23racers, not bad after running about halfway in the 3rd lap w/ a broken thumb. If youre curious to know the top 3 guys in our class, I forgot the name of the guy that actually won :confused: but 2nd is sandro correia and 3rd is frank daly.
Thanks to Team Bulldog for a great race.

I was wondering about having him posted as winner also. I never saw him after the start either. They had me down as 11th and I thought I was 8-9. So if he didn't win and they move him down it would move me to 10th and I could have missed someone ahead.

Since at Stewart the promoter started ALL the sport women together, I think we were sort of expecting that again, so the 35+ women were all behind the under 34 group standing at the starting line. Whether the groups are split or not is fine, but it would have been nice if the guy starting us made it clear that we were all starting together and what the time between starts would be. At Stewart, he was very clear about this. Yesterday, he kind of just said "okay go".
Other than that, great race!

hi everyone ... yeah man i won fair and square!

ok not really. i didnt dnf but i had several mechanical issues. i ended up finishing very far back.. i will alert the bulldog crew!
thanx, i had no idea, i left right after the race pretty dissapointed.
c ya in sept!
greg heller

Has anyone ever seen an XO RD in two pieces? Well, once race pictures are posted you'll see mine.

And yes, being 17 (racing age 18), I'm very upset with what happened. Surely I DNFed, but I think it's unfair.

I agree. I think adding 1-2 more minutes between groups would be much better, but that is a complaint for the whole series, not just the Bulldog Rump. And it would only add 10-15 minutes to the overall race time for each class for each class. Not that big a deal for the officials.

But then Pro/Experts would have to wait until 2 pm to start racing:(

-Jim.

Alex, thanks for looking out bro. After getting my cast on today you actually just made my freakin' day as I figured I must have been close to last after my fiasco. That means a lot to know that I was probably holding 2nd steady or possibly first and I was still feeling really good. I may still have a shot at something if I can heal up and rock and roll in sept. Where's the video man, I got time on my hands now!:D

Protest!

They listed me as the winner of the 35+ Women's Sport class and I didn't even sign up to race!
Nah just kidding, I was thrilled to finally meet my buddy
Steve aka Shaggerz! He be da Man. Tommy and I did get to cheer the Expert classes and Pro riders as well. Harlan Price was riding strong. I was hanging out with Jim V while the sport riders were out on the course. It was a fun day even though I'm still not able to ride.

Christina ... :)

I think you came in 11th Justin, or thereabouts. I ran through the lists to see who I knew and seem to remember that.

They listed me as the winner of the 35+ Women's Sport class and I didn't even sign up to race!
Nah just kidding, I was thrilled to finally meet my buddy
Steve aka Shaggerz! He be da Man. Tommy and I did get to cheer the Expert classes and Pro riders as well. Harlan Price was riding strong. I was hanging out with Jim V while the sport riders were out on the course. It was a fun day even though I'm still not able to ride.

Christina ... :)
My complaint was that I couldn't get a good enough hug in because I was afraid of damgin' the houlder :D. It was great to finally meet x-Tina and Tom.

Back
Top Bottom