Bulldog Reports

xc62701

Well I'll start off. Thanks to everybody for coming out. The race went pretty flawless and no real big hicups as far as I know. I started out the day helping out with scorekeeping and it looks as though the beginners and sports really enjoyed that finishing hill :D

Here's my report: I jumped out there for my preride and it was FAST! I knew it was gonna be on from the gun. For my race I jumped off the line to find myself fighting for the head of the pack amongst Zack and Topher who decided to make a showing and boy did he put on a show. I held the lead into some of the singletrack until Topher decided to make me foolish and come flying by. A couple of the juniors them came through and I was sitting comfortably in second for most of the whole first lap until I flatted and watched the pack fly by. I fixed it up and rode angrily for the next two laps. Things were going well and I was setting a good pace trying to bridge back up and I saw a rider in front of me that was 2 minutes ahead and I reeled him back in, in one lap. Passed him and then started the 4th lap. He jumped ahead and I tagged along for a while until flat #2. Fixed that - after realizing it was a 26" tube and making it work in my 29'er after some angry words.
I popped out onto the grass after not losing any positions with the flat and flatted again for flat #3. I rode the flat in the grass and then shouldered it up the final climb to the finish.

All in all it was a great day. I felt awesome and without mechanicals it would have been a completely different story. That's the breaks. So I finished 5th out of 7 and was 4th in the state. Not to shabby for having a horrible day. Next up...Breckenridge here I come!!!

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Race Report

I got passed by lots and lots and lots and lots of people. Not my best race. Hopefully Rob didn't break his thumb.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Solid race for me. 7th overall, even though ya'll marked me as 8th!!!! I talked to Julian and Neil after the race and they said they would take care of it. Sweet!

Wait, just so everyone got that, there was a problem with scoring. So then I talked to 2 of the guys. And then it was taken care of.

That reminds me, Weber and I had a conversation and he gave me an idea. After this post I'll act on it ;)

I felt good today, great first lap then fell into a tempo trying to keep a pace I could keep up. I was 3rd until into the 2nd lap, but then I got hit by the 2 points leaders. Dropped 2 more spots on the last lap but finished something like 10 seconds off 5th place out of, man I have no idea how many people, 30-35?

Good solid fun. Course was in great shape. Today is why I just pre-register and don't bother watching the weather report. It does me no good.

Oh shit...Ryan I think the money you gave me is still in my jersey pocket. Dammit!

Shaggz

A strong 7
Lap 1 :puke:- "Cleanup Aisle 6"

Aside from that i had a great time :D. Nice event, Bulldog. Is was good to see everyone today.

Glancing Aft

Great race today everyone, I wish we didn't have this two month break now till the next one. I felt good today and finished in i believe 7th. I don't think there's much I could have done to improve my time so I'm happy with the results.
I can't weight for Ringwood, I'll be 10 pounds lighter and my new bike will be 6 ;)

Engignar, how did your race go, I saw you while I was warming up and it looked like you were killing it!?

Last edited:

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Fredded again...

In Fred's absence, I decided to keep the tradition alive by snapping the chain off my bike on lap#2:D On the brighter side, at this point I'm out of the running for any type of series overall, so when we come back the pressure will be off and I'll just be in it for the fun:D

Other than that, great course, I felt it was very well run, great job Bulldog!! Congrats and thanks to R to the Foco and Chris De-Noma for winning their classes on Fisher 29ers!! See you all at Highbridge...

-Jim.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Have you and Fred both finished a race this year?

Ryan - got the money. It's still soaking wet.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Have you and Fred both finished a race this year?

I have...

finished-Fair Hills, Waywayanda, Lewis Morris...

fredded-Tymor(flat), Darkhorse(chaingiude), Kitatinney(chain)...

I'm 50/50 right now...I think Fred's odds are a little Fredder:D

-Jim.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i DNF'd...

..as in, i DID NOT FRED!***

despite, cramps, dehydration and a wicked crash i made it! i think that puts me in the points lead with fred for the year as i actually finished. :D

even though i had a brutal race and got passed lots, my only goal was to finish which i did. i ended limping up the hill to the finish with legs so cramped i couldn't bend 'em.

fawk that was fun. what's next?

***i may have come in dead freakin' last though, but who cares.

bdmtb

Rump

Great job Bulldog thanks for putting on the show. Well run race and good course equal good times. The "split" start/finish was different, and I really appreciated the climb to the finish line.:D

Also a big thank you to Campmor for neutral support great to see them at all the races giving back to the local cycling community.:cool:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Jim - you may have both finished Fair Hills. And I know Fred did finish LM. So at least once. Odds you both finish the DH40?

Jake, I checked the SS results and you did, indeed, come in DFL! I actually think that's admirable. You could have bagged it but you hung in there. Good job bro!

CrossAddict

..as in, i DID NOT FRED!***

despite, cramps, dehydration and a wicked crash i made it! i think that puts me in the points lead with fred for the year as i actually finished. :D

even though i had a brutal race and got passed lots, my only goal was to finish which i did. i ended limping up the hill to the finish with legs so cramped i couldn't bend 'em.

fawk that was fun. what's next?

***i may have come in dead freakin' last though, but who cares.

Jake,

I'll have to sign you up for a couple of VTC rides. We'll kick the cramps out.

peace,

-rf

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Jake, I checked the SS results and you did, indeed, come in DFL! I actually think that's admirable. You could have bagged it but you hung in there. Good job bro!

oh no, that's not right at all. i switched classes and raced expert...so i actually came in first! hurray for me! :D

CrossAddict

summer epic

Bill is going to take off a day this year and we're rocking a split rock epic.

Stay Tuned (see scotty k.)

-r f

MixMastaMM

Team Bulldog Rider
The race was pretty good. Silly fast to say the least. I was able to get out of the gate near the top 10 an hung in there there all race. Toward the end of the race I felt like the tank was close to empty and I was falling back. The results proved otherwise. See my results adventure in Norms thread.

Last edited:

Engignar

This was my first race and I wasn't sure what to expect. I rolled up to the start line and they lead off my group as the first to hit the course, so I'm pumped and nervous and ready to go. I go into the woods in second and stay close to the first place guy for about 2.5 miles and then the wheels began to come off. Going so hard from the start let me have a clean trail to ride, but cost me endurance wise, I probably ended up being passed by about 7 people the whole race. Would I have been better off taking it easy and having a bit left, I'm not sure. I was so gassed at the end I had to run the photo op hill. I had to leave before the results but my time was 58: and change...anyone know where that puts me?

It was definitely a good time and its great to see so many people out for these races.

PS Nice to meet you NJ Jess

Dave

Top Bottom