Bulldog "Bumps"

DownhillR3

Weird you got them Rob, did they come up as soon as it happened? I rode again today and slid out and fell in alittle bit of brush. My right leg has a small red raised area... hopefully it's just a scuff.:hmmm:

Even weirder because I was riding right in front of you and I didn't come down with chiggers.

RNG1

The Saran isn't a bad idea, but Mare your idea is more or less what I was wearing in the first place exept mine is pink.:D
I am happy to hear they are going to mow that part down because I am thinking that had to be the place.
Dude, do you remember when we did the 2nd lap and I was in the front, it had to be when we went through that tall grass stuff. Anyway, it could just be that I had a reaction to these things more than the next person would. I went to CVS this afternoon and am throwing like everything they had at it now.

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
chiggers freak me the hell out. ive never had them myself, but my best friend was in the marines and told me horror stories about being covered in them.

DownhillR3

Dude, do you remember when we did the 2nd lap and I was in the front, it had to be when we went through that tall grass stuff. Anyway, it could just be that I had a reaction to these things more than the next person would. I went to CVS this afternoon and am throwing like everything they had at it now.

Bummer, well hopefully i didn't catch any today. FYI, yes the grass now is all mowed except the grass run up(about 30ft) into that small steep section that we always had to walk up where you went ahead of me.

RNG1

I read about that as well when I was trying to figure this out, it's a big problem. Talk about insult to injury.
I'm working on an image for you guys...:drooling:

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
Hopefully you're trying to treat the right thing. I've never heard of chiggers anywhere around here..........

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Rob,

Sounds brutal. Hope it won't slow you down for Sunday. Maybe they be afraid of the rain. :D

MixMastaMM

Team Bulldog Rider
Bummer, well hopefully i didn't catch any today. FYI, yes the grass now is all mowed except the grass run up(about 30ft) into that small steep section that we always had to walk up where you went ahead of me.

You should watch out for rabbits on this section. I hit a little baby bunny on there tonight. The poor guy never had a chance.

RNG1

Kirt, This has been a bizarre series for me, it seems like it is always something, although this won't effect me like the rib, or not having a bike. I'm ready to rock and roll (while I knock on wood and cross my fingers). Hey how was that 200000000 mile ride you did?

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Rob - Seems it helps to wash your clothes and bed sheets in HOT water and take a long bath. I still have some itching too but definitely not as bad.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Rob - Seems it helps to wash your clothes and bed sheets in HOT water and take a long bath. I still have some itching too but definitely not as bad.

You guys both got it? Are you *sure* it's not crabs? The whole bathing thing may have kicked this off in the first place. Were you guys in Turkey too?

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
chiggers? sheesh man. you sure it's chiggers and not poison ivy?

if you get the PI bad enough, it will look like your skin has little eggs hatching under it. i speak from experience on this one as i've been to the hospital twice b/c of the PI. i would try bleach. seriously.

RNG1

Good one Norm, actually I read to stay away from the baths (as well as when you are in Turkey but that's for other reasons) so they don't relocate.

Dude, your bleach idea is interesting as I did read someone saying that they used a spray on bleach, let it rest for 10 minutes and then washed off and it made a big difference. That is about the only thing I haven't tried yet. Hydrocordisone seems to make the itching more bearable but I don't see any sign of clearing in fact today I have a little more spots. Last night it kept me up a lot. I am going to do the bleach thing, who knows maybe its not what I think it is although it seems to match every description I read. I've never been super affected by poison ivy though and when I was in the drugstore the pharmacist seems to think that it looks like whatever it is, is being made worse because I seem to be having an allergic reaction to it. She told me to take Benedryl which will help with the reaction but that is my last resort as that stuff really makes me feel drugged out and sleepy and I hate that. I may try that before I go to sleep tonight though. It's not the end of the world but I do appreciate everyone's input though. With all the attention I hope you guys are not dissapointed if I don't show up looking like the elephant man!:D

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
well, if it is chiggers, the bleach will mo definitely kill them. PI too...or at the very least help the itching. in fact, scrach first, then apply bleach. don't mind the "mild" burning sensation.

if it doesn't work, expect an alien to explode out of your gut within the next 24 hours. :D

good luck with that.

Top Bottom