Building Single Track at my CABIN!

RyGanley

Member
Ok, this is kinda a brainstorm but I own a cabin in NYS with 20 acers of land and have been interested in building trails all around the land for years... the problem is the terain is very steep so it would be mostly switchbacks with crossovers and there are a lot of down trees and brush. I do think the track would result in some sick runs if made right but I don't think I could do it all alone so i invite anyone who is looking to work on trails, ride, camp and party there after.

P.S. Post any suggestions on how you would attack this project.
 

RyGanley

Member
heythorp said:
The fastest and easiest way to build trails is with a motorcycle. If you are serious about doing this let me know. A very good friend of mine is the founder of an off road park.
I am and interested.. I assume u mean dirtbike... Great idea. I would like to try that.
 

heythorp

New Member
out there in the boonies I am sure you can find a guy or 5,7 that would love to come on your property and burn some trails for you. Probably cost you a 32 pack of bud cans.

Just have a well thought out plan and mark it with orange paint and ask the guys to go around a couple of times. Trails will be made quick and easy. Just make sure to plan them well.
 

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
heythorp said:
out there in the boonies I am sure you can find a guy or 5,7 that would love to come on your property and burn some trails for you. Probably cost you a 32 pack of bud cans.

Just have a well thought out plan and mark it with orange paint and ask the guys to go around a couple of times. Trails will be made quick and easy. Just make sure to plan them well.
I like that idea a lot. CARL!!! Where are you?
 
B

bdpeter

Guest
ohhhhh, cutting new trails sounds like fun! Let me know if you need me to bring the dirtbikes up there. how far is deposit from northern NJ?

I'd love to help out if the schedule allowed.

:D :D
 

heythorp

New Member
bdpeter said:
ohhhhh, cutting new trails sounds like fun! Let me know if you need me to bring the dirtbikes up there. how far is deposit from northern NJ?

I'd love to help out if the schedule allowed.

:D :D

Its a 153 miles to center of town from Denville. IF you are going I would love a chance to get back out on a dirt bike. I do get to ride since it was my idea right :p :eek: :D ;) :rolleyes:
 
B

bdpeter

Guest
heythorp said:
Its a 153 miles to center of town from Denville. IF you are going I would love a chance to get back out on a dirt bike. I do get to ride since it was my idea right :p :eek: :D ;) :rolleyes:
of course! I'll take all the touring bags and crap off it, so it's easier to pick up

:D :D
 
Top