• kaki and pink camo

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • light blue

Votes: 8 20.5%

• Total voters

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
I'm very excited, because mr pixy saved an old Al frame from the dumpster at a friends house, and it is my size. I check our old parts bin and I almost have enough ancient parts to build her up into my bob trailer puller bike. I may need a HS and Cog set yet. I think I may sand her and paint her, but not sure if I want: Kaki and pink camo or light blue. :confused:

Cast your votes.

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
I guess pink is the new black. *** Believe it or not, I never had a this ;) color blue bike, or any blue. So it is always there in my mind.

Last edited:

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
Pink camo goes great with B.O.B. grey !!!! You could paint the B.O.B. to match :)

That sounds like a plan. ( plus you can rent it out to the pride march thru the Village as a very small float) I voted pink camo, but then again I bleed MAR-PAT ( the new Marine Corps digital camo).

Last edited:

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
wow, thanks for the ongoing pink support! I never knew so many people were into pink. I guess I will head down to Paterson and check out the "Mary Kay" and "pimp" sections in the automotive paint, and see what I can find in small quanitity and cheap.

J-Dro

wow, thanks for the ongoing pink support! I never knew so many people were into pink.

This is more then just plain old pink. We're talking pink camo. That says, "yeah I have a tender side but don't f#$% with me or I'll have to kick your ass". That's so hot.

TJYeti

Knows about bikes
you did'nt say how ancient but I have a 11/30 HG cass. you can have free if you need it.got an old ti flat bar and an also old but perfectly working set of 737 pedals for the same price - just pick 'em up.

M

mtbjeff

Pink and gray camo with some cool cartoons [girls rule or.....]

dualfisted

That sounds like a plan. ( plus you can rent it out to the pride march thru the Village as a very small float) I voted pink camo, but then again I bleed MAR-PAT ( the new Marine Corps digital camo).

The new Marine Digi-camo RULZ!!!!! So, I say the bike should be pink Digi-camo....................SEMPER FI!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
Ok, just got back from "pimpo autopaint" in Paterson, and this is costing more than expected. Blue may have been cheaper, but I'm here now with the pink paint and I have a camo vision.

Stay tuned for pictures...... :eek:

D

dzm3

Taking old paint off

sanding bike paint is tough work. I used automotive paint stripper on an old Trek steel frame that a friend rescued and gave me. Worked like a charm. Just don't do it indoors like i did... Mucho brain-o cellz missing... :hmmm:

So what were we talking about?

dz

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
dmz3 - I'm not that energetic, just sanded the top coat down to make a better surface for paint and to smooth the dings out. I hear you with the smell stuff though. The primer today smelled nasty.

While cleaning, I also found a tiny crack in the weld of the chainstay/BB junction. so I guess that is why it ended up in the dumpster the first time. Either way, this is a project of learning and aesthetics. I will have to ride it with caution ... no hucking. Like I ever would anyway. :rolleyes:

Before ....

2416335753_3ee6f0829b.jpg

primer -

2417155066_d8d310928d.jpg

2417823951_a34edd5294.jpg

more to come ....

Last edited:
D

dzm3

Strippin'

Now that I got your attention. :D

I thought the same, but with the stripper (paint stripper) it was a matter of spray it on, let it sit for 10-15mins come back a the old paint was hanging in shreds, only required one or two passes with plastic putty knife to get it off. Some light sanding of bare steel to get nice surface.
Then automotice flat black primer. 3-4 coats. It looks great now. Very B-2 stealth like look.

It's a pretty rewarding process. You'll enjoy riding it. Is it alum or steel frame? Since you seem to be doing it at a auto body shop, would they just touch that one weld for you?

dz

Top Bottom