• kaki and pink camo

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • light blue

Votes: 8 20.5%

• Total voters

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Thanks for all this information dzm3. It has been educational for sure. The frame I have is alum and I am doing this in mr pixy's wood working shop.

I have the base colors on now, and plan to hand paint the design today. Head badge is in the works too. We'll see how it goes. .....

anrothar

entirely thrilled
easiest way to fix a crack or dent: find a sticker that covers it so you can't see it anymore, affixe the sticker, and bam! good as new.

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
easiest way to fix a crack or dent: find a sticker that covers it so you can't see it anymore, affixe the sticker, and bam! good as new.

hmmm, it is filled with paint right now. Only her hairdresser will know where is the crack. .... She currently is looking sweet in a ferocious way. One more day of painting before pictures.

warcricket

Like a Jerk
the only bikes i ever find while diving through dumpsters are always cruisers and bikes from toys r us. i've restored a cruiser and repainted it but ended up giving it to a friend because of lack of storage space. i never really find anything good in the trash anymore tho

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
Chances are pretty good, as I finished painting her today, have the head badge ready to install, and have most parts lined up. I think I will have Art install the head badge, as I do not trust myself to drill 2 holes in the head tube.

So as I post the first round of pictures ..... special thanks to Sean and Jess. Your desire to build a bamboo bike and weld your own frame, has inspired me to try something that I always wanted to do, paint my own bike.

Although Carl painted a similar animal print for Interbike a year ago, I was inspired by an umbrella I have had for years.

After a study of different camo, and being that I am a peace going person, I chose a naturally occurring animal camo, not a military camo. Color inspired from the magnolia tree, now in bloom.

2425881976_baab9a8c09.jpg

2425881334_53ba491994.jpg

I even copied the natural underbelly of the cheetah.

2425880934_fd51012828.jpg

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
A quick review of the steps I took.

1. Sand top coat with 120 paper. Went to town on ding and chips. Then sanded texture out with 220. Cleaned completely with thinner, while wearing gloves. That is when I found the crack.

2. Sprayed with primer.

2425070617_7fd953b3ab.jpg

3. Spayed base coat, light pink.

2425068897_9789847cc8.jpg

4. Art sprayed gradient dark pink. I did not have the feel for his gun to have that much control. It was like avid brakes, when you are accustomed to magura's.

2425881822_0a3ea9edac.jpg

5. Hand paint dots.

2425881334_53ba491994.jpg

6. Spray 2 top coats of automotive clearcoat.
:)

Last edited:

J-Dro

Funny, it doesn't look anything like the pink camo that I was imagining, but it came out freakin awesome. More like a pink fade leapardskin. Totally original.
icon14.gif

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
Thanks everyone. I am glad so many people like her.

The dots took around four hours to paint. Good thing work had not been busy :rolleyes:

Top Bottom