Building new bike

Cha1985

Im looking at building a full suspension bike. Im interested in hearing people's thoughts about the Jamis Parker 1.0 frame, Im thinking it a good foundation to start out on. What do u guys think.......

the parker is similar to the banshee wildcard. bikes like this are built for some pretty heavy duty riding - mainly slopestyle/freeride/DJ.

to give you an idea of what a slopestyle bike is about - check out the link below. its a pretty thorough review of the wildcard. just remember, the parker isn't the wildcard. you'd have to compare rear linkage set ups and geometries to see if the parker would handle similarly.

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/banshee-wildcard-review-2008.html

if i had the money, i'd definitely have a wildcard in the stable.

just bought one. SIMPLY LOVE IT!

I thought maybe it would be too much rear travel for xc. The rear shock really surprised me and keeps bob minimal until you hit big drops.

Thought maybe it would be too heavy but after I put the entire bike together it weighs around 29 pounds. not bad, and I put heavy parts on it and know I can lighten it up with some flashy stuff

It steers well, climbs well, downhills well. I have no complaints other than the stupid "sludge grey" paintjob they put on it.

The rear suspension bearings are impressive and the comstruction of the frame is solid as they come.

Im 5'10 and I got a size large with a 90mm stem and it fits like a glove.

It is a bit on the heavy duty side for an xc bike but I weigh 200lbs and I need something that can take some abuse.

If you have any questions about it pm me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom