building backyard trails

Nice I've done that

Good times! So where abouts in the poconos. My dad lives there.

Good times! So where abouts in the poconos. My dad lives there.

Lifeisgood......I'm Mean Irish Guy's sister, my husband and I own/live on the property they're talking about.

We live in East Stroudsburg. Just up the mountain from the Penn Hills Resort. Where in the Poconos is your Dad?

the best way to go about laying new trails is to use a dirt bike.

Jake, are you now going to have to hire a food taster? :D

I agree, Mean Irish Guy....1 CRF 450 with a good set of dunlop 756's is as good as any 10 roto-tillers, way more fun too.

Wow looks awesome

Looks big too! How long will the trail loop be? I am from the Poconos originally...would love to stop by and help if you need it. Just read the post above, I am from the Burg as well. Spring Lake off of Franklin Hill Road!

so my brother and law and i got to talking tonight. he lives in PA in the poconos and has a buttload of property. so for the hell of it we are going to build a fun little single track / skills area on his and my sisters property. we went out and walked the perimeter of the property this evening and looked at all the options. they have some little swampy areas and some little creek and stuff that we are going to build some bridges over and stuff. plus there are a bunch of rocks that we are going to leave in place for some rock skills practice. theres also some long straight areas that we are going to build a few little jumps on and a few table tops and such. its going to be on the small side, but we just want something thats going to fun and litterally out the back door. ill keep posted on this as we make our progress. we are waiting for the fall so we can start plotting it out better once the brush starts to die and such. wish us luck!

Dude -- build a pump track -- damn, those things are tons of fun:

https://www.createspace.com/3348265
http://www.leelikesbikes.com/build-your-own-pump-track.html

I fooled around with this on my property one fall. I have 1.3 wooded acres but the ajoining property has about 4 that are out of sight of the home owner, then there's a 17 acre parcel that's town owned and starts 100ft from the edge of my land.

I managed to put a few things together but I figured out pretty quickly that it's a ton of WORK on a slope. Especially switchbacks. I am far too lazy for it. :D

EDIT: The green box in the pic is my property. Thin yellow line shows all the area I thought I could use.

attachment.php

Attachments

• singletrack_crop_.JPG
    singletrack_crop_.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
I want to do the same thing on my property, then I remembered that it's 60' x 100' :hmmm: would make for a very boring and repetitive course.
not too good for the cardio either.

hahahahh terribly extreme actually. it was a product of "lets cut down that tree and build a bridge" hahaha. its the just the start of many more fun things to come.

haha awesome. i was going to reply with my typical "needs more slayer" but then anthrax came on and i got excited :D
thats a cool bridge.

looks like a fun time will be had by all...also looks like a needed rode trip in the future.

Back
Top Bottom