Building a new freeride bike.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
I am new to the biking world, so be easy on me.

I recently bough a Jamis Komodo 1 (Figured it was a decent entry level bike and still do.) and I absouletly love it. I love wrenching on cars and all that good stuff, so I figured I'd jump head first into build a bike.

I have a lot of people that would like my frame and some of my bike parts, and I was mainly curious if I could find a nice frame (something different that no one has, etc) I saw Fetish Cycles, Dobermann, all looked pretty rad.

I don't know what my real price range is, but for a HT frame only, I think I can find something interesting. I would like it to be the same "style" or geometry of my komodo.

Any advice is welcome :)

walter

Fourth Party
One bike comes to mind, a Santa Cruz chameleon. Its a hardtail thats around 500 for the frame, can be built with anything from a rigid fork up to a six inch fork, nice geometry, can be run geared or as a single speed. There are also Santa Cruz dealers in the area so you wont be left buying an internet bike. Just watch out, the chameleon is a very stiff frame.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Just looked it up, looks like a nice bike. I really don't need it new, as I would only be doing this "frame swap" to learn more about my bike and throw some wrenches :p

used works too ;)

T

Timekiller

Take a look at soul cycles Look at the titan and the loki.. I bought the titan and its awesome. Raw finish so I got to paint it! It doesnt make sense to buy used cuz thier frames are awesome.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Wow, Soul Cycles (closeout ;)) is right up my ally! I will be looking into that sometime soon!

Now I just need to learn if the stuff on my Komodo will fit that, and what off my friends bike will fit my frame ;)

Last edited:

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
with a frame for 69 bucks, maybe i can build a cheap and nice little free ride single speed! i have a old bmx laying around...

T

Timekiller

Yea.. I love the titan, I havent been on it lately becasue I just got the Bullit. Ill prob. change over to singlespeed also. Seems like the frame is built like a tank too!

Top Bottom