Building a Gravel Grinder - XL Stache Frame

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
My beloved Trek Superfly SS cracked and was replaced by a Stache. I built this up and took it for an 8 mile spin in Stephens only to realize that this new geo just isn't my cup of tea. I had since stripped it down minus the above referenced and used those on another build. From there it sat in my garage for the past year +.

I had received interest in specific parts, so I'm parting this out.

The frame & cranks, & chainring have 8 miles on them. The Chris King BB came off of my Superfly from approximately 6 months before the frame cracked.

Frame: $400.00 OBO (Note: the seatpost is not included).
Chris King BB: SOLD
175mm XT Cranks & Race Face NW 32T Chainring: SOLD

1569706465323.png

Last edited:
My beloved Trek Superfly SS cracked and was replaced by a Stache. I built this up and took it for an 8 mile spin in Stephens only to realize that this new geo just isn't my cup of tea. I had since stripped it down minus the above referenced and used those on another build. From there it sat in my garage for the past year +.

The frame & cranks, & chainring have 8 miles on them. The Chris King BB came off of my Superfly from approximately 6 months before the frame cracked.

$700.00 OBO (Note: the seatpost is not included).

View attachment 106902

I've seen this frame in person at Ringwood, it's beautiful and looks like new (because it is), if I wasn't short I would be all over it, but I am.
GLWS

Don't see a price listed for the decals.

Update:

Well, I've been able to piece together my new gravel bike with a total out of pocket of $110.00 (new Saddle & used rear wheel). Combining the sale of existing parts, utilizing Amazon points, and AMEX points, I was able to build up the below Soma Wolverine.

Now on the quest to scoop up bags for my first bike-packing adventure in July.

NOTE: The Stache is still for sale if anyone's interested.

1586891907984.png

1586891950081.png

Update:

Well, I've been able to piece together my new gravel bike with a total out of pocket of $110.00 (new Saddle & used rear wheel). Combining the sale of existing parts, utilizing Amazon points, and AMEX points, I was able to build up the below Soma Wolverine.

View attachment 125555

View attachment 125556
nice! I was torn on the wolverine or the double-cross...went with the DC instead. what brought you to choose a wolverine?

nice! I was torn on the wolverine or the double-cross...went with the DC instead. what brought you to choose a wolverine?

Thanks. It was cheap and the geo looked like it would work for me. It helped that I liked the look as well. I'm a bit shallow.

I have had a tendency to simply buy stuff and worry about the financial impact afterwards. This was my first build that I had a financial goal and stuck to it, well almost.

Thanks. It was cheap and the geo looked like it would work for me. It helped that I liked the look as well. I'm a bit shallow.

I have had a tendency to simply buy stuff and worry about the financial impact afterwards. This was my first build that I had a financial goal and stuck to it, well almost.

likewise, I couldn't get down with the red... HOWEVER!!!! I like how it turnt out for me.

Update:

View attachment 125555

View attachment 125556
Where are you going backpacking?

Great Allegheny Passage. It'll be my first of (hopefully) many adventures in the coming years. This is on the easier side, but will help me iron out any kinks in my BP game. I'm eyeing up a loop in VT that takes you past a bunch of different breweries. Bike and beers......my kinda fun.

Back
Top Bottom