Budget Road Pedals

S

Stan LeCupp

My MTB pedals are giving me a hot spot on my right foot on longer rides.

Any advice on cheap Road pedals? I'm just looking for something to get the job done. Not too concerned with weight, just price and function.

Shaggz

A strong 7
stan, performance had a set of look pedals for about $65, marked down from $140 in the new catalog. i will check it tonight and forward you the information.

Last edited:
S

Stan LeCupp

They both look like great deals. Thanks.

While on the subject any input on cheap road shoes?

A

Ant

Just get an SPD-SL type pedal. You will need new shoes if you are using your mtn bike shoes though. Shimano makes a pair, the 540, I think, which is what i have. Easy to clip in, easy to clip out. And a stable non hot spot pedal.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
My MTB pedals are giving me a hot spot on my right foot on longer rides.

Any advice on cheap Road pedals? I'm just looking for something to get the job done. Not too concerned with weight, just price and function.

It may not be the pedals. Could be the shoes. Custom foot beds could cure the hot spot problem.

My feet always suffered on the road with any pedal, until I went to foot beds. In the winter I go back to ATB pedals and throw the foot bed in the ATB shoe. No problems ever! Very happy feet.:)

S

Stan LeCupp

It may not be the pedals. Could be the shoes. Custom foot beds could cure the hot spot problem.

My feet always suffered on the road with any pedal, until I went to foot beds. In the winter I go back to ATB pedals and throw the foot bed in the ATB shoe. No problems ever! Very happy feet.:)

thanks pixy i may try that before spending the money on new stuff

ArmyOfNone

Crap i cannot remember the name of them off the top of my head, but J was showing a woman today these insoles and they appeared to make a big difference. Consult him for more info. He seems to know a good deal about em

Last edited by a moderator:

NickDavid

I use mtb pedals. They work perfect, easy to clip in and were cheap enough for my LBS to give them to me for free.

PD-M520_popup_v1_m56577569830550931.jpg

Top Bottom