Bucks County Covered Bridge Tour - 2013 edition

martin

I just signed up for the hilly 63 miler. Last time I rode it was a great day, good food, nice people.

Anyone else joining me on Oct 20th?

Ian F

Hmm... I could be game... Where's the sign-up info?

edit: never mind... it's an hour drive from my house in Lower Bucks Co to the start point to ride roads I often ride directly from my house... and pay $35-45 to do so... does not compute... sorry.

Last edited:

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Hmm... I could be game... Where's the sign-up info?

edit: never mind... it's an hour drive from my house in Lower Bucks Co to the start point to ride roads I often ride directly from my house... and pay $35-45 to do so... does not compute... sorry.

so ride to and from. the rest stops are some of the best I have seen. Homemade baked goods :drooling:

Ian F

so ride to and from. the rest stops are some of the best I have seen. Homemade baked goods :drooling:

Tinicum Park is about 45 miles from my house. While 63 miles of Bucks hills doesn't scare me much... and a 90+ mile ride from my house is something I've done a few times (including a number of Bucks and NJ hills), it'll take more than two months of training before I can combine the two. It's been many years since I've done an organized road ride and even then I was with friends and we sort of did our own thing.

While I prefer to ride mtn bikes with other people if I can and I'll happily drive for hours to ride new trails, road riding is different for me and typically more of a solo affair - I role out my front door and get home whenever with no hard-set agenda, adjusting my route depending on how I feel.

grilledcheeseking

Rode parts of the 63 mile loop on Saturday, starting from home in Trenton. I sure wish there were baked goods. No matter, the roads around Nox were all new to me and good riding.

martin

yah that will not be fun =\

hopefully the weather cooperates

quick edit, do they post the garmin files?

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
yah that will not be fun =\

hopefully the weather cooperates

quick edit, do they post the garmin files?
Actually just looked, and weather changed, hopefully it is like today.

You can look up my strava file from last year.

mwlikesbikes

Looking forward to this ride, I've been wanting to do this for a few years.
Anybody got a garmin link to the route?

Robin

Going to miss this (actually due to a wedding and not a race).

I've looped through some of the route on previous rides. Really enjoy the roads, scenery, and climbing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
This is a fun ride. But the one thing that always sticks out for me with CB is that it seems always to be f*cking freezing at the start because of the start area's proximity to the river. It's very hard to dress properly for the day because if you dress for the start, you'll cook by 10:00 and if you dress for later, your extermities will freeze. I've had to stop a few miles into this ride in the past just to get feeling back in my fingers and toes. Hand warmers are recommended! Also, bring knee warmers and arm warmers so you can peel them off later.

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I consider these roads local to me. Iv'e done the route a number of times by myself but never the day of the actual event.

This will likely be a game time decision for me as I have a wedding to go to the day before.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
But the one thing that always sticks out for me with CB is that it seems always to be f*cking freezing at the start because of the start area's proximity to the river. It's very hard to dress properly for the day because if you dress for the start, you'll cook by 10:00 and if you dress for later, your extermities will freeze.

I second this statement and it is one of the cooler spots in the area and 4-5 degrees lower than Lambertville, the pisser is that my clothing bascially doesn't change between 40 and 54, but it always seems to be like 38, which you can choose between being cold for a bit or looking like a pack mule at the end of the ride...

Top Bottom