Brooks saddle?

wonderturtle

It's yours if you don't mind driving up (Morris County) and grabbing it.

aesthetics wise this is an 11 !

let’s hope my taint likes it

thanks @Jason
9750D768-D2FD-47E1-9BA1-C2F77C166DC2.jpeg

Last edited:

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
I just ordered a rigid 27.5 Karate Monkey in Wet Clay so it looks like i'll swap the brown jawn off my Pugs. That means I'll have to order another (4th) Brooks for the Pugs incase I ever ride it again.

wonderturtle

Ok follow up question. So I applied, what I believe to be, a generous application of obenauf leather creme.

I’m thinking of applying another round particularly to the underside. Is there any potential harm in over-applying such stuff?

My gut tells me no harm - that as long as the leather is soaking it up its all good and that the worst that can happen, if the leather no longer absorbs it, is that it will be a bit greasy.

Thoughts ?

8338BE07-19D0-4803-BF93-33D7122B42B1.jpeg

Karate Monkey

Ok follow up question. So I applied, what I believe to be, a generous application of obenauf leather creme.

I’m thinking of applying another round particularly to the underside. Is there any potential harm in over-applying such stuff?

My gut tells me no harm - that as long as the leather is soaking it up its all good and that the worst that can happen, if the leather no longer absorbs it, is that it will be a bit greasy.

Thoughts ?

View attachment 136141

You can soften it too much, but that usually requires you to heat it into the leather. Eventually, with 5-6 treatments over time, it will permeate the leather completely, making it more or less waterproof (not really, but enough for rain/temporary wetness--water beads on the surface of mine, rather than being sucked in).

*Edit

Less is more. You really don't want to over-apply leather treatments. Better to creep up in it over time than do it too often. I hit mine 1, MAYBE 2 times a year, if they see lots of adverse conditions.

Top Bottom