Broken Spoke nuetral race support

anrothar

entirely thrilled
this is operated by john and frank from cycle works, but is essentially a different beast.

two years in a row at the 24 hrs of allamuchy, despite being sponsored by a different shop, john has personally dropped what he was doing and come over to immediately fix what was wrong with my bike. very helpful, very good, and truley nuetral tech support during area races. thanks john!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Given my previous review it wasn't exactly neutral, but Saturday morning while they were setting up John dropped what he was doing and adjusted my shock and tightened up my headset in about 3 minutes. Sweet! No problems during the race!

pinkshirtphotos

if you put your fingers between the frame and fork resting on the fork race and the lower headset cup you can feel play when you push on your bike.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
what does a loose head set feel like? How did you know it was loose?

I knew it was loose because Sean (anrothar) said, "I think your headset is loose." He then showed me the easiest way to figure out if that's the case. Just hold on to your front brake and rock the bike front to back. Do you feel something clicking? If so - and it was painfully obvious - your headset is loose.

If so, check out this Park Tool page. Specifically go to "Headset Adjustment - Threadless Type", steps 7-11. You really don't need to tighten the cap that much. Just snug, and you should lose the click as described above and still be able to turn freely.

ArmyOfNone

Those guys had one hell of a set up going on. And they always looked to be working. Big props to them for sure.

Steve? He is a good climber? Ya I wouldnt know bc he didnt come out and ride! :D

NJ Jess

Super neutral support,..

Given my previous review it wasn't exactly neutral, but Saturday morning while they were setting up John dropped what he was doing and adjusted my shock and tightened up my headset in about 3 minutes. Sweet! No problems during the race!

From Cycleworks! John is the best. He fixed my previous bike, a Specialized FSR, just before the gun at two races. 24 0f Allamuchy and Allamuchy 50 km. Very quick and personalable.

As for neutral,...very. I'm a TeamBulldog member. Before I got asked to join the team,..cycleworks was their bike shop sponsor. They are no longer the teams shop, but I can't say an ill word about them. Awesome mechanics and great bike shop,...excellent customer service.

Top Bottom