Broken pawl and spring in Salsa 197 hub

Sounds good!
what can i measure to check? Assuming you have time to pull the freehub body.

Let me go take a couple of pics. Double row of 3 pawls is pretty telling.

I recently went through a shimano to sram freehub swap on a 746. Later realized that when comparing the sram roval I had to the 746 freehub they looks identical. Lets work on getting the hub to you. If it fits (which I'm pretty confident it will) you can pay for it.

2141E099-7012-41BD-B878-FB69857A2B7E.jpeg
CDC7F10F-D0D1-42DE-803F-4FF33AAD3F14.jpeg
AF8FC249-13E2-43E3-9226-A11B76EBC993.jpeg

I'm pretty busy with work during the week so usually don't get to ride. Mule service would be great if we can find someone willing. Would mail it, but probably can't get to the post office till the weekend.

I'm pretty busy with work during the week so usually don't get to ride. Mule service would be great if we can find someone willing. Would mail it, but probably can't get to the post office till the weekend.

still working in the florham park area?

DING DING DING

CookedForthrightArthropods-size_restricted.gif

We have a winner!

@Mr.Moto comes through with the XD driver - so out with the 11-42 shimano anchor, and in with the 10-42 XX1 !
Like i need the 10T.

Also involved was @GSTim sending over some pawls - which were probably correct, but measured off a bit.

@mattybfat for sending the 29+ set my way

@Leftymuk who generously loaned a fat wheelset to me.

and

Finally, Chris at Salsa Cycles, who is throwing a set of pawls in the mail for free, and sent the part numbers over
for driver replacement. I paid it forward to JORBA. (and i'm probably due to renew anyway)

While i was messing with the hub, - new bearings!
(i drove them with a 21mm impact socket - it was perfect.)

1593641028031.png

Rolling fat again! Unfortunately not early enough for WW.

1593641060605.png

license plate not obfuscated cause i'm not hard to find.
Time for baby's bath! I may even go for a ride.

So if I got this right you didn’t really need the pawls since you replaced the freehub? BTW, how did you take off the left encap?

So if I got this right you didn’t really need the pawls since you replaced the freehub? BTW, how did you take off the left encap?

grab and pull with my

1593649712263.png

i ran all possible solutions in parallel to minimize downtime.
Besides, always good to see Tim, Matt, and Bill. Bob mailed the freehub, but
i'll catch up with him one weekend for a ride.

Back
Top Bottom