Brisbane mansion burnt down today

02camaro

I saw on Strava that the Allaire riders group posted some photos this morning that the Brisbane mansion burnt down this around 8:15 am. Anyone have any additional info?

Screenshot_20200530-170120_Strava.jpg
Screenshot_20200530-170126_Strava.jpg
Screenshot_20200530-170926_Strava.jpg
Screenshot_20200530-170946_Strava.jpg
Screenshot_20200530-170952_Strava.jpg

Dingo

I drove past there on my way to hospital rd around 8:15. Didn't smell any smoke. Water tank truck was just setting up a hose.

probably a former patient came back seeking revenge?

MMuller

Hiked back there just after pandemic shut down. So eerie, like it represented what was going on in our world. Everything shut down, abandoned. Now it burns down, yet again representing current events. Double eerie.

My theory: (which is mine, Ann Elk) Aliens are taking over. 1st they injected our world with the internet which would destabilize our society by eliminating businesses one at a time. Music was 1st. Post office next. Add some political destabilizing forces to further break down societies, then, while we're in a weakened state, inject their next wave, the virus. The combination of all these events will have them able to just walk in and seize control over planet earth without ever firing a shot. My bet now is Brisbane will be command central for the invading aliens. Gonna start camping out there and start working on how to play the Close Encounter series of notes......

JonF

I've seen youtube videos of people doing UrbEx there and though "abandoned", it seems there is still electricity in the buildings with a few interior/exterior lights visible at night. With how dilapidated those structures are, i wouldnt rule out some sort of electrical issue.

Dingo

Hiked back there just after pandemic shut down. So eerie, like it represented what was going on in our world. Everything shut down, abandoned. Now it burns down, yet again representing current events. Double eerie.

My theory: (which is mine, Ann Elk) Aliens are taking over. 1st they injected our world with the internet which would destabilize our society by eliminating businesses one at a time. Music was 1st. Post office next. Add some political destabilizing forces to further break down societies, then, while we're in a weakened state, inject their next wave, the virus. The combination of all these events will have them able to just walk in and seize control over planet earth without ever firing a shot. My bet now is Brisbane will be command central for the invading aliens. Gonna start camping out there and start working on how to play the Close Encounter series of notes......
are you sure you weren't a patient there :shrug:

w_b

In for camping at Brisbane. Will maintain social d to ward off wild dreams with Mitch. Plenty of boros to late late afternoon ride.

JonF

I hear the tradition when camping at Bris is to grill long pig steaks over a dystopian camp fire.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions