Bring your Pizza skillz

serviceguy

Will readjust once I hit the mark. I'm half way on a 6 month goal. Got to have goals they say :)
True. Right now my goal is to make it to 6 p.m. without eating anything, because alternate fasting...chances it's going to happen? .1 % looks like being optimistic at the moment...

Dingo

Look for stainless, unless you want to season it.

I think I bought a ceramic plate for $60 or something 10 years ago...
Seasoning the same as cast iron? Or is the procedure different due to higher cooking temps.

Last edited:

Karate Monkey

Seasoning similar to

Seasoning the same as cast iron? Or is the procedure different due to higher cooking temps.

I season my cast iron around 500, but I've never cooked pizza on it, so I don't know when it starts breaking down. You could try with a sacrificial pan before committing.

And yes, carbon steel pans are seasoned just like cast iron.

choop

I think you will be ok with fleabay steel and season as normal. I have cleaned mine and re-seasoned with flax seed oil

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
I love pizza, but can not tolerate garlic. Try to make our own w/o garlic once a week. The past month I have been making my own crust. It is fairly simple. Art does the transfer to the oven or grill. He is better at taking risks. ;) They never look pretty or round, but taste great. This one has roasted peppers, onions, mushroom, prosciutto and basil.

IMG_5211.jpgIMG_5202.jpg

Karate Monkey

Real talk time: if you are making your own dough, get some

1240s204_vitalwheatgluten_f_3.jpg

Makes it a ton more pliable, and lets you get your dough super thin without tearing.

Dingo

I make my own dough. Way better than store bought frozen in a bag. I use Tipo 00 flour and pizza dough yeast. The yeast seems to allow the dough to stretch more and not spring back. And the flour does not burn as easily as reg flour.
Anyone else use these? Shoprite has the 00 flour.

jackx

I fired up the bread maker and put it on the dough cycle to make dough for pizza. The quick dough cycle takes about 55 minutes, and makes enough dough for 2 pizzas.

We typically use white flour that conms in a 25 pound bag from Costco, and some whole wheat flour. For yeast, we use Fleischmann's bread machine instant yeast in the jar.

Roasted a bulb of garlic until it was buttery soft and mellow. This pizza has red onions, mushrooms, pepperoni and breaded eggplant. Would have included green pepper if I had one. Cooked on a newer pizza stone at 450°F.

54082299-859A-46C6-96E9-49FCBB95943F.jpeg8032FA31-5CA3-4DD2-9E2B-D00A7B7757D4.jpeg

Top Bottom