Bring your Pizza skillz

RobW

Grilled pizza is heavenly. Buying the dough from the pizza place or like above— ShopRite always have solid results

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
That statement grants for your automatic disqualification from any pizza competition. Other than that I got nothing other than magically appear when pizza is mentioned or needs to be eaten.

700F using wood, cooked on a stone.
can't do it in a home oven or propane grill.....

cbiker

If you like a crispy crust bake the pizza without the toppings at the highest temp your oven will go until partsof it slightly brown. Then add tomato sauce and cheese or whatever else you want to put on it put it back in the oven and bake until done. I was never able to get a really good pizza at home until i did this since home ovens arent as hot.

RobW

If you like a crispy crust bake the pizza without the toppings at the highest temp your oven will go until partsof it slightly brown. Then add tomato sauce and cheese or whatever else you want to put on it put it back in the oven and bake until done. I was never able to get a really good pizza at home until i did this since home ovens arent as hot.
True, done that process before too and it works.. On the pizza stone you need to heat it first then launch pizza into stone. I’ll never go back to the oven though, because grilled pizza with stone is the way to go. If/when I get a big green egg... that will be my forever way to do pizza.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
True, done that process before too and it works.. On the pizza stone you need to heat it first then launch pizza into stone. I’ll never go back to the oven though, because grilled pizza with stone is the way to go. If/when I get a big green egg... that will be my forever way to do pizza.

Our first attempt at pizza on the BGE didn't go well. Finished with a shattered pizza stone and a couple of over cooked pizzas. Temp too high. Received a better one for Father's Day but haven't made another attempt yet. Our local joint does a decent wood fire pizza and it's just so easy to order.

RobW

I’m an unskilled cook but the pizza stone allows me to make a decent pizza. We used to buy Trader Joe’s dough but found wegmans to be better. View attachment 134822
nice pie! would consume- the stone is key! I was going to pizza parlor for dough but shoprite has a deal 3 for 5 and im about that lyfe right now!

Karate Monkey

nice pie! would consume- the stone is key! I was going to pizza parlor for dough but shoprite has a deal 3 for 5 and im about that lyfe right now!

Pizza dough is ridiculously easy to make. 10 minutes.

4 cups bread flour (or AP and 4 tablespoons of wheat gluten)
1.5 cups water (start with a bit less, add as needed)
2 T oil
2 t kosher salt
1 t yeast

Mix all together, knead until smooth/elastic. I've been subbing 125 grams of sourdough starter for yeast, works good. Let rise ~1-3 hours, depending on yeast power. Overnight in the fridge works fine, too, just take it out 1-2 hours before use.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
my wife has been doing pizza on the grill for a couple years now (in the summer at least), and makes all her own dough (pizza, bread, cinammon rolls, you name it she makes it)

Top Bottom