Bring a Trailer - OMFG or On Topic

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
It will be interesting to see. My gut feeling is that just about everyone who wanted a toy, got a toy. Cars, bicycles, motorcycles. Whatever. I'm hoping that helps because I need two more motorcycles!
Not sure it's done yet. BAT more than doubled sales this past year. Based on the prices on the cars I've been following I don't see this dying down fast enough.

Captain Brainstorm

Possibly, but prices always dip a little in the dead of winter. I'm fully expecting 2022 to be a shit show again unless the market corrects. Bigly. Hugely.
I think 2022 will be a shit show also. I'm seeing 2019-2021 cars selling 10-40k over list still (depending on the model). Certain cars from 2016 are selling for what they sold for, even with 20-30k miles. I have family working for the biggest dealer in the country telling me NOT to get a car right now. I'm taking my Porsche money and putting it in the market instead, I'm liking the price targets for the likes of Nvidia and Marvell.

THATmanMANNY

BaT is just fucking genius! So crazy it wasn't established sooner and it totally disrupted how business is done. Decades of auction tradition broken. I mean there is ebay but the stigma with ebay has held that platform back.

There are still plenty of different cars out there that are underappreciated if you don't want to get caught in the price wars.

don

I think 2022 will be a shit show also. I'm seeing 2019-2021 cars selling 10-40k over list still (depending on the model). Certain cars from 2016 are selling for what they sold for, even with 20-30k miles. I have family working for the biggest dealer in the country telling me NOT to get a car right now. I'm taking my Porsche money and putting it in the market instead, I'm liking the price targets for the likes of Nvidia and Marvell.

We got punched in the face the last month of 2021. My daughter totaled her car coming home from college for Thanksgiving (damn Merritt Parkway) and then my wive's RRS was stolen on Christmas Eve (multiple levels of frustration on that event).

We found a replacement for my daughter pretty straight forward enough. We drove to the NY/CT border and it was no haggle, no deposit deal that I paid way more than I wanted but has very low miles, is a great looking vehicle and has a warranty for another 5 years.

Looking for my wife's replacement I've found exactly what you posted CB. There is a local 2019 Porsche Cayenne and it's only a few thousand from it's original sticker price (and probably what it sold for) and has 40k miles on it. CPO Nu-Defenders are going for crazy prices for something that I feel should be $50k for a lightly optioned one (they are close to double that price). I noticed looking for a replacement for my daughter's car that used Toyota 4 Runners are well into the $50k prices - I know they are mechanically bullet proof but they haven't had an update a decade.

And the kick to the gut is I need to trade in the 997.1 911S I got last March for my 50th and the trade in values are much less than what I paid for it. Ugh. Not sure if it's because it's a cabriolet and it's January or I paid too much. I could sell the 911 on BAT but the work and loss of tax difference doesn't seem worth it.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I take it its the mileage....bc there are 91 type Rs others that sold on BAT and nothing remotely close to this....like not even half. Something seems a little odd here

Friend of mine had one of these cars....good lord, the thought of paying 111k for this piece of crap. Slow as hell

1643292736417.png

EJphotos

$112,112 is insane for the ITR.
Yes, it's the most fun car I've ever driven, but not for that much money lol.

Top Bottom