Bring a Trailer - OMFG or On Topic

rick81721

Lothar
Before I clicked I said to myself... I'll bet Rick hates the Fuch wheels.....

Do you like them? I've never been a fan of those "cragar" style wheels. I forgot if your mustang has them!
i mean, to be fair @rick81721 hates everything

I like everything else about that car. Well at least how it looks. I have no interest in owning an older Porsche without all the safety controls and all wheel drive that the new ones have.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Do you like them? I've never been a fan of those "cragar" style wheels. I forgot if your mustang has them!

I like everything else about that car. Well at least how it looks. I have no interest in owning an older Porsche without all the safety controls and all wheel drive that the new ones have.
I think they complete a classic 911....not to say you cant put better looking wheels on a 911, but its just part of the classic 911 look....I like them moreso in the later versions that were wider. But also remember...these wheels came out in the 60s and they were really pretty advanced for their time...NOBODY was making a forged aluminum wheels on factory cars yet...so their look had alot to do with what was able to be forged at the time. It was a pretty big deal to be able to mass produce them, kinda like those CF wheels on a gt350r
1667850963670.png

rick81721

Lothar
I think they complete a classic 911....not to say you cant put better looking wheels on a 911, but its just part of the classic 911 look....I like them moreso in the later versions that were wider. But also remember...these wheels came out in the 60s and they were really pretty advanced for their time...NOBODY was making a forged aluminum wheels on factory cars yet...so their look had alot to do with what was able to be forged at the time. It was a pretty big deal to be able to mass produce them, kinda like those CF wheels on a gt350r
View attachment 199943

Now these wheels I like

scr_b.576x0.jpg

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The offset on the rear wheels looks off.
yes, this is a "street" cobra.....so it still has this body from the competition style cobras...

1667918522826.png

But really, in 66...no street cars were out there rolling around with goodyear bluestreak tires like this competition car had.....and they couldnt get enough of the halibrand wheels, so Pete brock designed those sunburt wheels that the green car has....iirc kelsey hayes made them

They did make about 25 of the narrow hip 427 cobras...but it was too expensive to have 2 different bodies made, so they just stuck with the wider version for the rest
1667919753355.png

It is interesting reading about the production run of cobras...mainly because it was such a shit show from a production sense. Constantly changing things, supply issues, cost issues...nobody buying them because...as they were expensive...hand built cars usually are....But thats why an original brings millions and the "I bought this from Shelby" remakes bring 1-200k

Top Bottom