Bring a Trailer - OMFG or On Topic

Same mustang as mine, bit rougher but still In great shape

didn't meet the reserve here.

others with different engine/trans and stock/mod.

didn't meet the reserve here.

others with different engine/trans and stock/mod.

Ya most S codes there go for around 50ish....Its not a good car for BAT....the BAT crowd is looking for eleanor and bullit recreations. Also, a 67 S code...while its the best mustang ford made in 67......unlike a lets say 1970 cuda...they made alot of 67 fastback and they are still making more everyday now.....So the fastback body is worth X amount...the fact that its a 390 S code...eh....its not like its a 428 SCJ, or a hemi, etc.....Its more expensive (alot more), but easier to build a MUCH better 67 fastback than mine. A 390 is a good engine and it has a great sound.....but compared to what you can do with a modern small block, or even a coyote.....Like you have to WANT an S code car...and what is it? Fastback..yes, everyone wants...GT stripes...people like, but they are easy to get....390??? nobody cares...390s are as cheap to buy as 302. I would say that modified 67 fastbacks are usually more valuable then stock ones...unless its a REALLY well done concourse car.

My first question was answered when I saw it was licensed via Ford. Huh.
I don’t think the prices are out of hand but resale might be interesting. What are factory fives selling for?
ya good question about resale....id imagine you would lose something since why would you pay more when you can just have another built the exact way you want it.

I have seen build threads using those dynacorn shells as a starting point....the amount of welding done to get them "straight" was rather mind blowing on this one I followed. Not sure if these cars are using the same shells, I would guess that they are.

The 5.0 manual was pretty quick for its day. Break em free in 2nd & 3rd no prob just with right foot. Good times.

Curious as to what you’d have to do to it if you wanted to drive it. Is there gas in it? The car has burned only about 2 gallons in it’s 28 years.

Curious as to what you’d have to do to it if you wanted to drive it. Is there gas in it? The car has burned only about 2 gallons in it’s 28 years.
I’m guessing it has the original battery and tires, so that would have to get swapped immediately. Normally you’d top off the gas tank and treat it with stabil, but I have no idea what the correct way to store gas for that long.
Either way, every mile added would drop the value.

You'd probably have to also take like 50k off the value if you actually unwrapped it and drove it...

Looks like someone retracted and its back down to a very logical 90k :)

Damn! The Queen could have had this

you know thats going to go for well over what its actually worth

I have to say, following BAT auctions and then looking at prices elsewhere...def. alot of inflated prices on there

Looks like someone retracted and its back down to a very logical 90k :)

you know thats going to go for well over what its actually worth

I have to say, following BAT auctions and then looking at prices elsewhere...def. alot of inflated prices on there
Yes. Much higher on BAT.
I get the feeling people are flipping in there. Lots of 'selling for previous owner' so moving a signed title

I broke my BAT habit a couple years ago, but this thread had me do a few past sale searches. Makes me think I need to reconsider holding on to one of my “keep forevers”…

not BAT but a would be a pretty unique project car for the right person.

Back
Top Bottom