Brightwood Park Update

In the immortal words of W:

"There's an old saying in Tennessee—I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee—that says, 'Fool me once, shame on...shame on you. Fool me—you can't get fooled again.'"

"There's an old saying in Tennessee—I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee—that says, 'Fool me once, shame on...shame on you. Fool me—you can't get fooled again.'"
1627783540593.png

Sadly, second only to
mission_accomplish_1112950c.jpg

NIMBY sucks.
This is literally what peoples attitudes are...
At the final #FreeWatchung meeting, a resident who's property bordered the park got up and said "I don't want these people riding past my back yard. I have kids" Let that sink in.

What the actual fuck?

Keep in mind, MTB is remains legal in Brightwood Park, it's just that the trails suck, and we were going to make them better. NIMBY sucks.
This is what I noticed reading the article. It states MTB is legal yet trail improvement is an issue? Some serious mental gymnastics there haha.

Yeah it's absolutely NIMBY at its worst. The trails are horribly designed (I use the word "design" loosely). We (JORBA) offered to revamp the trail network to make it IMBA standard and more enjoyable. The nearby residents were scared it would attract more people to the park. You can't make this stuff up.

Because it is legal to ride here, it would be fun to set up a group ride here; but I fear it would lead to a full ban of mountain biking at the park.

Full on for 💰alleycat would work, too.

This 44 acre park is on the way back from my regular ride. About 3 years ago some fool yelled at me for riding my bike there. They didn't have the experience that they may have anticipated, back before I knew it was legal.

PXL_20210801_161657688-01.jpeg

Now the haters are advocating for a ban on bikes in the park. Funny thing is we have a bunch of JORBA members in Westfield, but couldn't get them to come out regularly in support of the trial plan. Now kids (and @thegock )may be prevented from riding here at all

The message is never take MTB access for granted. There are haters who want to take it away.

Back
Top Bottom