Bridgewater Township Installs First Bike Repair Station at Washington Valley Park

rlb

Glad to see the Twp. and County continue to support MTB. I couldn't find it on the two site, here's the email I got:

Mayor Daniel J. Hayes, Jr. announced the installation of the first bicycle repair station in Bridgewater at Washington Valley Park adjacent to the Newman’s Lane parking lot. Washington Valley Park is part of the Somerset County Park Commission park system and is a popular meet up spot for cyclists from all over central New Jersey. The Park Commission and Township both agreed that this would be an ideal location for Bridgewater’s first bicycle repair station.

The Township received a grant to purchase the station from the Healthier Somerset Coalition coordinated by RWJ Barnabas University Hospital Somerset. The grant was part of a larger County initiative to encourage residents to increase physical activity and eat more fruits and vegetables in an effort to prevent chronic disease. Joe Winchock, an avid cyclist and mountain biking coach stated “This is excellent. Super idea. This is a great facility to begin with and the bike repair station is a bonus.” The bicycle repair station comes complete with tools, an air pump and bike mounting pegs. We encourage residents to get out and ride and give it try.

“We are excited to offer this to our residents and visitors to the parks and world class biking trails,” stated the Mayor.

“The addition of a repair station at Washington Valley Park is a great enhancement to an extraordinary set of bike trails. The Park Commission is very grateful to RWJ Barnabas University Hospital Somerset for its generosity and to the Township for its continuing, collaborative efforts,” offered Geoff Soriano, the Interim Secretary Director of the Park Commission

Karate Monkey

There are a handful of those out at Sandy Hook (and I'm assuming, by extension, the other parts of Gateway). While I've never seen anyone using them, I do appreciate that they are there.

I would love to see them elsewhere (and more MUPs/divided bike lanes, for that matter), but it's hard to sell a $2.5-5,000 setup to a township/council that doesn't ride a bike, and wouldn't know what end of a pump to attach to their tires.

It seems like Nat'l/State parks would be a no-brainer, but...

terrabike01

Glad to see the Twp. and County continue to support MTB. I couldn't find it on the two site, here's the email I got:

Mayor Daniel J. Hayes, Jr. announced the installation of the first bicycle repair station in Bridgewater at Washington Valley Park adjacent to the Newman’s Lane parking lot. Washington Valley Park is part of the Somerset County Park Commission park system and is a popular meet up spot for cyclists from all over central New Jersey. The Park Commission and Township both agreed that this would be an ideal location for Bridgewater’s first bicycle repair station.

The Township received a grant to purchase the station from the Healthier Somerset Coalition coordinated by RWJ Barnabas University Hospital Somerset. The grant was part of a larger County initiative to encourage residents to increase physical activity and eat more fruits and vegetables in an effort to prevent chronic disease. Joe Winchock, an avid cyclist and mountain biking coach stated “This is excellent. Super idea. This is a great facility to begin with and the bike repair station is a bonus.” The bicycle repair station comes complete with tools, an air pump and bike mounting pegs. We encourage residents to get out and ride and give it try.

“We are excited to offer this to our residents and visitors to the parks and world class biking trails,” stated the Mayor.

“The addition of a repair station at Washington Valley Park is a great enhancement to an extraordinary set of bike trails. The Park Commission is very grateful to RWJ Barnabas University Hospital Somerset for its generosity and to the Township for its continuing, collaborative efforts,” offered Geoff Soriano, the Interim Secretary Director of the Park Commission
Wow.............that's awesome. Its a shame Union and Essex Counties are so anti-bike.
Kudo's to Somerset County and RWJ Barnabas University Hospital Somerset! I'm sure this will get a lot of use.

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
There are a handful of those out at Sandy Hook (and I'm assuming, by extension, the other parts of Gateway). While I've never seen anyone using them, I do appreciate that they are there.

I would love to see them elsewhere (and more MUPs/divided bike lanes, for that matter), but it's hard to sell a $2.5-5,000 setup to a township/council that doesn't ride a bike, and wouldn't know what end of a pump to attach to their tires.

It seems like Nat'l/State parks would be a no-brainer, but...
@Karate Monkey where are the ones on Sandy Hook?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Glad to see this! sets a good precedent.

could use a derailleur hanger vending machine at wildcat.

What do these look like? Is there a wash station? I'd love a wash station

wash station installed at 1106 rt 512 sterling/long hill ......
spritz wash for the car.

i think we went through the stuff on amazon that had pressurized/warmed water tanks to carry in the car/truck for this
in another thread.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
What do these look like? Is there a wash station? I'd love a wash station

Just wash it in the reservoir.

bike lake.jpg

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
There are several along the paved multi use trail. There’s one by the small parking lot before the lighthouse
Thanks @mwlikesbikes ! That splains it...I never ride the trail, but always ride the road to end and back...may have to scout them out JIC I need one when out there...

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
It's good to see Somerset Co. Parks upgrading WVP with a bike service area.

Also, I have noticed the trash, recycling and porta John service has been more routinely maintained, which is another plus for park users.

If a park is well maintained I believe it sets a tone for visitors and they are more likely to respect the area.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions