Brant Lake Bike Park - Kickstarter

Gene

The Dancing Machine
Great idea for funding. Was this ever done more local? I saw high bridge had something on JORBA, but thought it was tied to membership.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Great idea for funding. Was this ever done more local? I saw high bridge had something on JORBA, but thought it was tied to membership.

There was specific funding for High Bridge flow, with matching funds, and JORBA contribution.

Since the Brant Lake project is on private land (and in nowhere NY), he has a bit more latitude in what he does.

Local stuff - like materials for bridges at 6MR have come through local money and material donations.
The Middlebrook Trail has some engineered bridges using the town engineer, and boy scout project "sourcing"

Anything is possible, usually requires lots of time and patience.

Gene

The Dancing Machine
There was specific funding for High Bridge flow, with matching funds, and JORBA contribution.

Since the Brant Lake project is on private land (and in nowhere NY), he has a bit more latitude in what he does.

Local stuff - like materials for bridges at 6MR have come through local money and material donations.
The Middlebrook Trail has some engineered bridges using the town engineer, and boy scout project "sourcing"

Anything is possible, usually requires lots of time and patience.
Thanks, great to know. Now that I’m participating in more of this forum I’ll keep an eye out... this property should get lots of traffic from lake George visitors.

GreenMachine

Just rode this - very cool and a great place to hit after Gurney - tho completely different.
He did get the funding and another mile plus of trail will be added. 296FF254-FD1A-4B75-8323-5A0A259002D0.jpeg

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
New flow loop is worth the climb lol.
Finally found the overlook.
Wish I took an extra day here now that I have it down. With every long climb comes a very good downhill. Stairway to heaven has had some massaging with a machine also. Place keeps getting better every year. Stop in and say hi owner is super nice.
20210710_084059.jpg
20210710_083316.jpg
20210710_081031.jpg

gcab

New flow loop is worth the climb lol.
Finally found the overlook.
Wish I took an extra day here now that I have it down. With every long climb comes a very good downhill. Stairway to heaven has had some massaging with a machine also. Place keeps getting better every year. Stop in and say hi owner is super nice.
View attachment 161828View attachment 161829View attachment 161830
You got a good loop? Wife’s extended family stays in Hague for a week in August and this place looked fun for a ride since it’s close!

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
You got a good loop? Wife’s extended family stays in Hague for a week in August and this place looked fun for a ride since it’s close!
Really don't need a map as its one way up/down connected by loops up top. Map at The Hub or on line are accessible. I don't strava sorry.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Do we have an example of KS being used in NJ for trails?
Do you know someone who has 200 acer mountain to let the public ride for free?

On that note I would have paid a fee to ride here just to support the cause. I did donate because it's the right thing to do.

Top Bottom