BRAND NEW 2012 SCOTT SCALE PRO 29ER Frame Only

BLH2

Shop: Eurocycle
Shop Keep
I waited months for this frame and now that its here I need to sell it. I have a brand new in the box 2012 Scott Scale Pro 29er in size large. Included is a Scott Seatpost and head set. Call me if interested, frame is located in Wall Twp.
732-245-3299
Brian
ASKING $1,350.00 I paid $1550 last month for it! The lightest 29er frame on the market!

The Scale 29 ‘r is the lightest carbon 29” hardtail in the world. The frame features the IMP3 carbon process, SDS engineered compliant stays and a PF BB92 bottom bracket shell molded completely from carbon for unmatched power transfer, all below 949 grams. If you want the lightest big wheeled bike available, choose Scale 29’r.

SDS – Shock Damping System

The SDS System noticeably absorbs irritating vibrations and slight bumps and fulfills its purposes perfectly,“ comments Nino Schurter.
The Scale benefits from the Shock Damping System developed for the CR1. SDS minimizes high frequency input from the ground. To achieve a shock damping effect without losing performance, SCOTT optimizes the balance between vertical compliance and lateral stiffness in the rear triangle.
•Vertical compliance correlates directly to how smoothly the bike rides. By offering maximized vertical compliance, SDS will minimize vibrations transmitted by ground shock, maximizing stability and increasing comfort.
•Lateral stiffness correlates to responsiveness during sprinting, acceleration, and climbing.

Stiffness

The new Scale dispels the myth that a light bike cannot be stiff. Due to a targeted layup structure in high stress areas, the use of the PFBB30/PFBB92 standards, and the incorporation of a tapered head tube, SCOTT has achieved results in proportion to weight that have not previoulsy been attained.
Comparison of the old Scale vs. the new Scale
Steering area Stiffness + 10%
Bottom bracket Stiffness + 15%
Bottom bracket Stiffness + 10%

IMP3- Integrated Molding Process

Our engineers have developed IMP3™, the newest technology applied to carbon production. The toptube, headtube and down tube are produced in a single step using a top-secret process.
Our proprietary process allows for lighter construction by removing 11% of the material from the headtube intersection while increasing strength by utilizing high modulus stressed fibers for more precise fiber placement in critical areas. To compliment the IMP™ process, our frames benefit from our Naked External Tubeset™ which eliminates the cosmetic carbon layer to shave precious grams.

Tubular Structure

One carbon piece tubular seatstay, chainstay & dropout combined with Direct Postmount 160 to shed an additional 25 grams.
= Homogeneous structure (less material, optimized performance, less weight)

Last edited:
Top Bottom