Brake Help !!!

Triple-B

I knew I should have taken a class on these disc brakes.
OK I noticed this morning when I was wheeling my bike to the my truck that my rear tire would make a slight metal against metal sound. I picked up the rear tire and spun it hard, only for it to make 2 spins and then stop. Also I have avid juicy 7's and they have an in-out red adjuster knob on the levers on the handlebars. the one for the frontbrakes moves effortlessly in both directions. The one for the rear is very hard to turn.
Any advice for how to adjust these fuggers or solve my problem would be appreciated ;)

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i know it's simple, but make sure your wheel is all the way in the dropout. if it's off slightly it'll cause it to rub.

Triple-B

Well I went for a nice lil DH ride today and tried to fix my brake problem the good ole fashion way. It worked somewhat but I think the main prob is that I have to bleed the brake itself. I must tell you guys this 6" nixon super is a badd mofo. This thing gobbles up bumps and transfer's beautifully. It was a good day. :D

Triple-B

Well I ended up having to bring it to the LBS for them to bleed the brake line and now the problem is GONE. It felt like a 20lbs weight had been removed off the back of the bike and now the only problem is keeping me from going to fast !!! Thanks to all who provided advice !!!

Top Bottom