boy, i really messed up LoL

well, after an embarrassing wrong turn into the road thread and half-asleep post of a picture of a customer playing a guitar I made instead of a trail map... has anyone ever ridden the delaware and raritan canal trail system??? :eek:

walter

Fourth Party
It starts around the Green Brook area and travels south well into and past the Trenton area. Its flat, like really flat. It travels right past the canal rd lot for 6 Mile.

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
I've done many sections, but not all, and not the whole thing at once. It's actually a "V" shaped trail...one terminus is in East Brunswick, the bottom of the V is in Trenton, and the other terminus is Frenchtown, NJ, along the Delaware river. I've done the following stretches:

East Brunswick to 6 Mile Run
6 Mile run through Princeton to just outside Trenton
Frenchtown to Lambertville
Lambertville to Washington's crossing.

I'd say the most scenic stretches are along the Delaware (the latter two above).

BiknBen

While the canal is continuous, the tow-path is not. In Trenton, the path ends and the canal is covered. You have to take some downtown street to pick it up again. If I remember correctly, it is covered from Mulberry to Calhoun St. I have ridden it end to end although not in one ride.

Top Bottom