Bow Hunters

LandCruiser

I ran into my first Bow Hunter of the season today. I was jamming solo through Tiger Woods when suddenly out popped a fully camoed guy with Bow in Hand. Nice fellow, however Accidents happen. :getsome: Anyone know the dates for the Hunting Season?

Frank

Sasquatch
I have submitted a request for the hunting dates at Allaire but have not heard back yet. For the most part you usually see the hunters in the early morning and evening just before dark. Bow Hunters are usually very precise about their targets so you shouldn't have to worry much. Wear light clothing or a safety vest (orange) and don't be a smart ass and dress like a deer (which someone did about 7 years ago). They spend a lot of money on their equipment and don't want to lose any (arrows are expensive) so you should be ok.

rlb

Wear light clothing or a safety vest (orange) and don't be a smart ass and dress like a deer (which someone did about 7 years ago).

How did that end up? I get road cone orange t shirts at work, those come in hand for this sort of thing

kerrybelle

Allaire hunting dates (Zone 51)

Bow hunting in Allaire will continue until February 21st 2009. Her's the specifices:

Regulation Set #8
ZONES: 7, 8, 9*, 10, 11, 12, 13*, 14, 15, 36, 41, 49, 50, 51

Fall Bow (42 days):

First deer must be antlerless: Sept. 13-Oct. 3, 2008

First deer may be antlered or antlerless: Oct. 4-31, 2008

Permit Bow (51 days): Nov. 1-Dec. 24, 26-31, 2008

Youth Day - Bow (1 day): Sept. 27, 2008

Winter Bow (45 days): Jan. 1-Feb. 21, 2009

Frank

Sasquatch
How did that end up? I get road cone orange t shirts at work, those come in hand for this sort of thing

It's actually a funny story. I was sitting in the office of Allaire's Superintendent and he was late for our annual meeting. He rushed in all frustrated and appologized for being late and explained why. It turns out that a mountain biker dressed in a deer suit and rode through the park. This did not start the meeting well at all, and the only reason it was somewhat humorous was the fact that the moron didn't get killed. Back then it wasn't just bow hunting and some of them yahoos shot at anything that moved....I remember the days of riding and hearing a black powder rifle go off.:scared:

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Wear light clothing or a safety vest (orange) and don't be a smart ass and dress like a deer (which someone did about 7 years ago)..
I should have questioned my wife's motives when she got me the new helmet with antlers....:hmmm:

LandCruiser

Bow hunting in Allaire will continue until February 21st 2009. Her's the specifices:

Regulation Set #8
ZONES: 7, 8, 9*, 10, 11, 12, 13*, 14, 15, 36, 41, 49, 50, 51

Fall Bow (42 days):

First deer must be antlerless: Sept. 13-Oct. 3, 2008

First deer may be antlered or antlerless: Oct. 4-31, 2008

Permit Bow (51 days): Nov. 1-Dec. 24, 26-31, 2008

Youth Day - Bow (1 day): Sept. 27, 2008

Winter Bow (45 days): Jan. 1-Feb. 21, 2009

Note to self - Do not ride Allaire on Sept. 27, 2008.

dualfisted

Horse for dinner anyone????????

Now I think I have two reasons to avoid Allaire on Sept 27.... If my eyes didn't deceive me I believe I saw posts at the Hospital Rd trailhead for a large equestrian event there on the 27th. This could get good. A small child may be traumatized when he shoots his first horse, and we could rid ourselves of some of those pesky equine types.
NOTE TO ALL THE OVERLY SENSITIVE: that was a joke!!!

Also, Frank, you may know something about this, u get any word, or see those postings on the outside of the board @ Allaire???

I'm 16 and bow hunt. There is seriously like a 1% chance of being hit. When bow hunting you never shoot on a moving target. Arrows move a lot slower then people think. Bow Hunting you wait till the deer is in a dead top to shoot. Bow Hunters don't shoot moving targets. If a bow hunter is dumb enough to hunt by a mtb trail then he is an idiot. You try getting as far from ppl as possible while hunting. So you guys don't have to worry till shotgun/muzzle loader season starts, then your effed i recommend as much orange as possible cause we shoot anything that moves during this season haha

dualfisted

hooray rifle season

I reach my peak physical condition when the hunters break out their guns. That's when I break out the deer costume and get some real training in. MIG, that's how u get to true peak cardio conditioning, if u really wanna know how to train.

I reach my peak physical condition when the hunters break out their guns. That's when I break out the deer costume and get some real training in. MIG, that's how u get to true peak cardio conditioning, if u really wanna know how to train.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions