Booties or winter shoes?

Po123

which are a warmer set up, booties over normal shoes or winter specific shoes? And which brands work the best?

Winter shoes are much warmer. I currently have the Shimano sh-mw81 which I find are good down to 32ish for me. If it's colder, I will use toe and liner warmers. When it's time to replace, will be looking at Lake and 45NRTH.

Winter shoes for Mtb, booties for the road. The lakes and such so not have enough toe protection for the constant wind battle on the road and booties are better designed to block the wind

Winter shoes are much warmer. I currently have the Shimano sh-mw81 which I find are good down to 32ish for me. If it's colder, I will use toe and liner warmers. When it's time to replace, will be looking at Lake and 45NRTH.
Do you get a size larger for winter shoes to fit heavier socks?

Winter shoes for Mtb, booties for the road. The lakes and such so not have enough toe protection for the constant wind battle on the road and booties are better designed to block the wind

This is the right answer. Don't know about the lakes, but gore booties are perfect for the road. Plus, heavy boots suck on long road rides.

Boots for mtb because they are water proof and durable.

image.jpg
Try these with either and maybe boobies.

I have 3 pairs of winter shoes depending on cold. I run SPD pedals on the road bike and bypass booties altogether. Although I can ride road shoes with booties in negative temperatures.

Winter shoes if you can spend $250 on a pair of one season shoes. Booties if you can't afford it ;). Booties work fine for me,

going to order lakes this year I have had good results with shoe covers but last year I truly rode the trails in the snow and once my feet got wet it sucked big time...
figured I should get at least 10 years out of them I have had my Cannondale MTB shoes for close on the 8 and except for the laces that are still good.

Back
Top Bottom