Boost 27.5 rear wheel 148 hub spacing for trail bike

Oz Von Toco

Hey,

So the hub died on my 2020 Giant Trance and the shop told me it's pretty hard to get wheels right now. I'm looking for a rear wheel with appropriate width (~30mm internal) to support a 2.4/2.5 tire. Am willing to drive to you and pay $$!!!! please message me if you have anything that might fit the bill!

Oz Von Toco

Lmk if interested
What kind of hub is this? It does look like the right spacing but I don't know how to tell if it has the right driver, but if a decent hub I would be interested because then I just need to source a rim and spokes which shouldn't be too hard.

Oz Von Toco

I'll sell you a set. Specialized boost 27.5, 29mm internal with XD driver. PM me if interested.

View attachment 164977
I'm pretty sure XD drive isn't compatible with an SX eagle cassette (please correct me if I'm wrong because I mix up technical jargon). However, if price is good it might be cost effective to buy a gx cassette and convert, not sure if there are other things I need to consider for that conversion?

Cassinonorth

I'm pretty sure XD drive isn't compatible with an SX eagle cassette (please correct me if I'm wrong because I mix up technical jargon). However, if price is good it might be cost effective to buy a gx cassette and convert, not sure if there are other things I need to consider for that conversion?

It is not, but the move to a GX cassette is a worthwhile move for sure.

CommandoStyle

What kind of hub is this? It does look like the right spacing but I don't know how to tell if it has the right driver, but if a decent hub I would be interested because then I just need to source a rim and spokes which shouldn't be too hard.
It’s a SRAM MTH 746 12x148 spacing XD driver. $30 near Hartshorne

Top Bottom