Book of Paul H

Mtbdog

When you change tire size you flip the chip and get a longer fork so you retain the same geometry and bb clearance. Take it up the mt. tomorrow and see how that goes. More pedal strikes and bb hits you may need the fork for the wheels to work.

serviceguy

When you change tire size you flip the chip and get a longer fork so you retain the same geometry and bb clearance. Take it up the mt. tomorrow and see how that goes. More pedal strikes and bb hits you may need the fork for the wheels to work.
What is the difference between a 27.5” and a 29” fork with the same travel? My 36 is a 160 27.5”/29”...what does that mean then! So many questions...when I spoke to Knolly about my project with the Fugitive they confirmed that a longer travel fork (160mm was the max to retain the frame warranty) would offset the lower bb resulting from a 27.5+ setup. In my case 27.5+ means 3” to 3.25” wide tires. I’ve never actually rode it in 27.5+ flavor, but that may change soon.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Changes are pretty minute

Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 10.42.03 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 10.40.49 PM.png

Last edited:

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
They are. I flipped my HT to the high setting and also found no difference.
Are you on 27.5 or 29?

Did HM today with the 29er with flip chip low
Reach felt shorter which is opposite of what SC said but I did feel like I was sitting on the nose of the saddle more so maybe I am on crack
With the chip on low... I didn't feel all that high up and on sweeping turns, I didn't feel like I needed to lean the bike more like I did the last time I ran it as a 29er with chip on high.
I scraped 1 rock with my pedals.

I also did move couple of spacers to lower the handlebar.

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
Are you on 27.5 or 29?

Did HM today with the 29er with flip chip low
Reach felt shorter which is opposite of what SC said but I did feel like I was sitting on the nose of the saddle more so maybe I am on crack
With the chip on low... I didn't feel all that high up and on sweeping turns, I didn't feel like I needed to lean the bike more like I did the last time I ran it as a 29er with chip on high.
I scraped 1 rock with my pedals.

I also did move couple of spacers to lower the handlebar.
29, but never tried the 27.5 version. I’m still working on peddle strikes but am gradually improving. Constantly have to think about positioning and ratcheting. Trade off is the handling is great compared to the old style high bottom bracket bikes. I guess if I’m feeling lazy I’ll just ride my Turner. It may not handle as well as the HT but all I have to do is point and go.

How do you like the new trails near junkyard?

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
New trails?
Figure that would get your attention, lol. There are a couple of new trails Blackbear Section 1 and Section 2. Not much mileage wise, less than a mile combined but fun. One side is near the water tower up to Junkyard then ride past Junkyard and the next section is on the right, loops around and ends at the beginning of lower glass. Flow with some tech built in. It’s on most of my HM Strava rides the last few weeks to get a better idea of how it links up.
4ACED05C-CDA4-4790-8946-F9528A87CED8.png

Mtbdog

[/QUOTE]
Love it?. The section headed to glass from junkyard is awesome. Great addition to the trail system, fits in with what you go to HM for. Lotsa cool tech.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Talon might be sold... Got a guy coming...

EDIT: Never mind... The dude doesn't want a rigid. Oh well...

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
Love it?. The section headed to glass from junkyard is awesome. Great addition to the trail system, fits in with what you go to HM for. Lotsa cool tech.
[/QUOTE]
I tend to stick to the central and eastern side of the preserve for a quick ride. You and Paul are dedicated Ancients riders which I consider the more adventurous side. It’s really rough and tumble regardless of what section one rides. Funny how much HM kicks yah in the Jimmy.

Top Bottom