Book of Paul H

@Mtbdog, please follow him with a camera. I wanna break YouTub. ?
Whats the worst that could happen?
tenor-8.gif

The Fredkenstein was shifting like crap... 10spd 105 brifters mated to a 9spd Deore RD with 10spd SRAM 11-36t cassette.
I guess the cassette was too big and chain wrap sucked because just changed it to 10spd SLX 11-34t cassette and it is shifting beautifully.
Wanna trade back the rd? Since I still have the shifter and all? I'll likely keep it for the boys first real bike.

No rush at all. Whenever we ride again. I fogure you're getting a 10spd RD?
Nope... on my setup, my 10spd STI brifters doesn't work with Shimano 10spd MTB RD. It works with only certain 9spd Shimano MTB RD. Since the Fredkenstein is set up as a 1x10, I wanted the widest range I can get on a budget which is why I am using a MTB 11-34t 10spd cassette

Nope... on my setup, my 10spd STI brifters doesn't work with Shimano 10spd MTB RD. It works with only certain 9spd Shimano MTB RD. Since the Fredkenstein is set up as a 1x10, I wanted the widest range I can get on a budget which is why I am using a MTB 11-34t 10spd cassette
Oh...roadie nonsense. Well, if you're using it, use it. If not, lemme know.

facepalm.jpg

If you went SRAM, you could have mixed road and mountain. Otherwise, get yourself one of those adapter pulleys ya noob.

Went for a ride on the Crux with the 11-32 cassette. Now I am thinking about going 1x with a 11-40 cassette... lol
Anyone got a 46t NW chainring? :oops:

Would I get a lot of chain drops with a non NW chainring even with a clutch RD? I have an Apex 1 RD in my bin.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom