Book of Paul H

Its still at @jklett's place.
Want to go down to ride 6MR but thinking tropical storm isaias flooded the place?
Probably a tad damp. If not, I think it's safe to assume you'd need a chainsaw and machete just to make it through. We could always just do what @Kangdoy and I did with setting up the ramps and screwing around in the yard.

Just wanted to mention, I read that about 90% of the population has some form of leg length discrepancy
Most do not affect everyday life but I also heard that asymmetry or imbalance can cause some issues in cycling.

I want to be able to comfortably (relatively) ride long hours. Right now... cant do it. Sure... I've done some long rides but I cant say that they were without pain.

First ride with the shims
Legs feel equally tired but more burning in the calves. Base of my neck is stiff but shoulders aren't too bad. Going to move up the stem. Mid ride, adjusted the saddle and pulled it back a little which kinda made my neck feel worse.

Oh yeah.... a guy on an old mtb kicked my ass on a climb. He had monster calves. Was gaining on him on the flats at my regular speed but once we hit the hill... he pulled away and left me like a chump.

First ride with the shims
Legs feel equally tired but more burning in the calves. Base of my neck is stiff but shoulders aren't too bad. Going to move up the stem. Mid ride, adjusted the saddle and pulled it back a little which kinda made my neck feel worse.

seat moved back lowered your torso, so you needed to look up more to see. hence more neck pain.
shorter / raised stem
don't let your kneecap get behind your toes when crank aligned down the seat tube. (or something like that)

we did discuss taking the visor off your helmet for road rides ?? :D

seat moved back lowered your torso, so you needed to look up more to see. hence more neck pain.
shorter / raised stem
don't let your kneecap get behind your toes when crank aligned down the seat tube. (or something like that)

Bike did go from a -6 stem to a -17 stem 🤓
I am going to sleep on my stomach from now on... with 2 pillows

Last edited:
J dremeling my bike
If I die.... it's J's fault
20200812_131958.jpg

shorter / raised stem

General rule, front of knee cap over pedal axle when your pedal is level and in the forward position

also, did you measure the angle your foot rotates and used tapered wedges/shims?

also, your knee should not “wobble” around your pedal stroke.

Last edited:
In the last week, I was feeling weird... not necessarily sick... but just not right. On top of that, had the chills and joint aches one night that lasted a couple of hrs.
Thought it might have been COVID.... went and got tested. Got the results today.... NEGATIVE.

I am actually disappointed... was kinda hoping for a positive result.

Back
Top Bottom