Book of Paul H

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Oh right, forgot about such. Not deep enough to use their hubs 🤔
I do my research, son ;)
More engagement please!
Let's take a look at current and past
Current onyx ripmo, king misfit and seven, hadley and i9 now on wives, white industries freewheel and 142 pt profile racing freewheel vassago.
Had i9 on the fat bike.
I spend on good rear hubs, after my debacle with those shity slop engagement Hopes back in '07 I said never again.
I like the price point of the spank hex, so gonna give them a go.

serviceguy

My next wheel build for the nimble9
Spank hex jtype hubs
Barron rims 27.5
Love those rims. Alloy or carbon? I used the alloy ones (because peasant) on my 27.5+ el mar and they rocked. Curiously, for that set the Hope hubs worked well, unlike on the fugitive where I had to change the bearings after less than 300 miles ( still about 10 years worth of riding for me). I have a set of 29 that I haven’t decided what to build with yet...got them cheap too.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
There seems to be some differing opinions between mtbnj and mtbr in that mtbr guys seems to prefer RF rims and mtbnj guys seems to like Stan's rims. Mtbnj has done me no wrong so I tend to lean towards the opinions here. But it is interesting nonetheless.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
For emergency use authorization approved!

Installs directly on to the Garmin mount.
Less than $10 with 2 months of waiting from aliexpess :D
20201203_090022.jpg

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
There seems to be some differing opinions between mtbnj and mtbr in that mtbr guys seems to prefer RF rims and mtbnj guys seems to like Stan's rims. Mtbnj has done me no wrong so I tend to lean towards the opinions here. But it is interesting nonetheless.
Note the ads in the banner. I have ridden both, stans is the standard. Arc is good but I never had so many issues with tire beads popping out.
stans to stay “safe” then
Spank > RF

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
@shrpshtr325
You have a stache HT?
Did you ever run it as 27.5+?
Does the bb drop down noticeably when compared to the 29er version?
Thinking getting this frame and run 27.5+ but concerned with pedal strikes since I got no skills

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@shrpshtr325
You have a stache HT?
Did you ever run it as 27.5+?
Does the bb drop down noticeably when compared to the 29er version?
Thinking getting this frame and run 27.5+ but concerned with pedal strikes since I got no skills

i do have a stache, i have not put my 27.5+ wheelset on it, but i have run 29rs on it (29x2.3 iirc) so the rolling diameter is not that much different, i have not had any pedal strike issues in that setup.

Top Bottom