Book of Paul H

Welp... C group road ride tomorrow.
They are advising 12mph avg :D

But saw their B group century ride from this morning on strava.... 18mph avg... thats a pretty big difference from B to C. I guess tomorrow's C is like.... noob C?
C group paceline skills are lower as well as fitness. Regroups and stops. Probably back off the pace to accommodate the slowest person too.

C group paceline skills are lower as well as fitness. Regroups and stops. Probably back off the pace to accommodate the slowest person too.
Roadies accommodate to the slowest rider?
If so... I am going to ride 11mph... and wheel overlap? CHECK! :D

Couple of guys from grp A and B joined on the ride this morning. They weren't exactly hammering it but I was spinning out on the 42t and was difficult trying to find the right gear. I say luckily... because I don't think I could have kept up in the long run... broke my chain. Fortunately, it broke relatively near the quick link and was able reconnect the chain. However, lost the granny and limped back to the car.

All in all... I definitely didn't have the gearing on the CX bike to keep up. Now...I want a freakin legit road bike! Who wants to trade? LOL

There is no pace line in the C group, just riding behind each other...

@Paul H 42t should be compact crank, just get a 50t and you’ll be fine.

I thought about taking the Zombie which has a 50/39?
But everyone had a carbon ultegra minimum. Was feeling inadequate LOL

Checked strava and on a 4.7mile segment at the beginning, we were pulling 17.4mph avg.
C group my ass! Lol

But good folks tho. Would prolly join on the next proper C grp ride with them... if I can get my hands on a legit road bike.

But everyone had a carbon ultegra minimum. Was feeling inadequate LOL
All those carbon...
Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 6.46.15 PM.png

Checked strava and on a 4.7mile segment at the beginning, we were pulling 17.4mph avg.
C group my ass! Lol

But good folks tho. Would prolly join on the next proper C grp ride with them... if I can get my hands on a legit road bike.
B ride is 18 on flats, A is 20
1x specific would just have a different Max teeth, it can probably handle CX gearing

1x specific would just have a different Max teeth, it can probably handle CX gearing
A while ago, I tried 2x (46/36?) on the Apex 1 RD (didn't know at the time it was 1x specific) and the B gap was all screwy. You set it for big chainring and it gets messed up on the small one and vice versa. Shifting totally sucked.

@stb222
I asked a few of my Korean cycling friends and so far... none of them have issues with helmet fit.
I guess I am the only one with a weird shaped head :D

I am having a 1st world problem.
Planning a 20+ mile ride at Blue Marsh in PA.
I am thinking to take the FS trail bike for comfort. Am I going about this wrong? Should I take the lighter XC HT bike for efficiency?

I am having a 1st world problem.
Planning a 20+ mile ride at Blue Marsh in PA.
I am thinking to take the FS trail bike for comfort. Am I going about this wrong? Should I take the lighter XC HT bike for efficiency?

you should stop overthinking it, take whichever bike strikes your fancy that morning and have fun

Back
Top Bottom