Book of Paul H

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm using the 220 - (age in years) equation, so it's either that or I am a lot younger than 54...
Thats just a general estimate. Everyone's HR is different from what I understand.

yes this right here, its a VERY rough estimate, as a starting point, once you start working out with HR you will see what your max actually is, just adjust your garmin to the max number you have actually seen and go from there, if you see a higher number later, just update it, dont overthink it and dont treat the internet like the bible.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Got it up to 182
Was slightly dizzy for like 2 sec as soon as I got off the trainer. Do you think HR could get higher?
Screenshot_20201015-095821_Connect.jpg

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Start with that as your max and see what zones your computer puts on your next ride. That’s probably a much more accurate maximum than some formula from the internet.
Double checked the garmin and max hr is set for auto detect. As such... its currently showing 182.
I might give it another go to see if i get it up to 185 like @serviceguy

serviceguy

@Paul H , on an unrelated subject, I just noticed your signature and I have a problem with its logic (or lack of thereof)...according to it nobody thinking to be right actually is, including the rather pompous issuer of such statement that obviously knows enough to think he's right...and so on...until my head explodes! Why did I notice that?

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Thinking of joining a group road ride. C group.
How much of a disadvantage would I have with a bike with a 1x (42t chainring)? They usually ride up and down 9W from Ft Lee to Nyack.

jackx

Thinking of joining a group road ride. C group.
How much of a disadvantage would I have with a bike with a 1x (42t chainring)? They usually ride up and down 9W from Ft Lee to Nyack.
It also Depends on the range of your cassette. You may have the same range as a compact 2x, but it may be harder to find a gear you like since you have half as many as a 2x.

Reactions: w_b

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
It also Depends on the range of your cassette. You may have the same range as a compact 2x, but it may be harder to find a gear you like since you have half as many as a 2x.
I am not too concerned with the climbs. I know they will drop me :D
Its the downhills... I am of the understanding that many roadies pedal on the downhills as well. With my 42t chainring... I know I will spin out in the downhills and I kinda need to catch up to them here.

jackx

Sounds like you need to gain some time by improving your tuck and aerodynamics, or maybe get into someone's slipstream.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I am not too concerned with the climbs. I know they will drop me :D
Its the downhills... I am of the understanding that many roadies pedal on the downhills as well. With my 42t chainring... I know I will spin out in the downhills and I kinda need to catch up to them here.

i don't think the C ride will hammer the dh too much.
just don't overlap wheels. instant shunning.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Sounds like you need to gain some time by improving your tuck and aerodynamics, or maybe get into someone's slipstream.
The -17 degree stem that installed is going to help. So what if I can't look down for a couple of days! :D

liong71er

i don't think the C ride will hammer the dh too much.
just don't overlap wheels. instant shunning.
😂😂 overlap wheel,So True
,yes this is a biggie for this folks and don't ever passing from inside right,keep in mind don't ride like you rode MTB,and you must pointing every damn things on the roads,and yell whatever vehicles behind you,,they are very tough to please

i makes mistakes long ago
and never go back riding with group like that,i'm too embarrassing 😂😂

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
😂😂 overlap wheel,So True
,yes this is a biggie for this folks and don't ever passing from inside right,keep in mind don't ride like you rode MTB,and you must pointing every damn things on the roads,and yell whatever vehicles behind you,,they are very tough to please

i makes mistakes long ago
and never go back riding with group like that,i'm too embarrassing 😂😂
Welp... C group road ride tomorrow.
They are advising 12mph avg :D

But saw their B group century ride from this morning on strava.... 18mph avg... thats a pretty big difference from B to C. I guess tomorrow's C is like.... noob C?

Top Bottom