Book of Paul H

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Back story on this cutting carbon thing...
The RDO balance right/left felt a little weird. Yesterday... measured the bar and saw that it was off from left to right by half an inch. Measured like 4 times.
This morning, took the bar off the bike and measured to see where I need to cut. Now it was measuring perfectly balanced. WTF... was thinking I must have been on crack yesterday. Install back the levers and grip and measure again. Its off! It was the freakin grips! They didn't go in all the way. Fuckin idiot!

@jklett I am seriously questioning my intelligence or the lack there of.

BPaze

The RDO balance right/left felt a little weird. Yesterday... measured the bar and saw that it was off from left to right by half an inch. Measured like 4 times.
This morning, took the bar off the bike and measured to see where I need to cut. Now it was measuring perfectly balanced. WTF... was thinking I must have been on crack yesterday. Install back the levers and grip and measure again. Its off! It was the freakin grips! They didn't go in all the way. Fuckin idiot!

We’ve all been questioning it for some time welcome aboard?

jklett

At least you caught it before cutting it.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
We’ve all been questioning it for some time welcome aboard?
Haha FU.gif

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Saddle sore...
had 1 since a couple of weeks ago. It doesn't hurt. Rest for a couple of days and it gets smaller. Ride a little, its bigger. Been playing this game for a week now and over all... it has gotten bigger. Still doesn't hurt but does get uncomfortable. Was off the bike for 3 days now and it is getting smaller but at this rate... its going to take over a week!
F it and just ride since it doesn't hurt or let it heal and disappear b4 getting back on the saddle. Its well underneath the skin and I don't see it popping anytime soon.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Saddle sore...
had 1 since a couple of weeks ago. It doesn't hurt. Rest for a couple of days and it gets smaller. Ride a little, its bigger. Been playing this game for a week now and over all... it has gotten bigger. Still doesn't hurt but does get uncomfortable. Was off the bike for 3 days now and it is getting smaller but at this rate... its going to take over a week!
F it and just ride since it doesn't hurt or let it heal and disappear b4 getting back on the saddle. Its well underneath the skin and I don't see it popping anytime soon.
It cleans the sore with Noxzema, seems to help better than anything I have tried. The downside, you smell like noxzema for a few hours.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Was chasing a creak on the RDO for a couple of weeks now... I was so certain it was the BB because.... press fit
Took out the crank to clean and grease and checked for any looseness. Everything is pretty tight and no signs of excessive wear. The bearing is also smooth as butter. I will say that the grease around the spindle area did dry up a bit so it wasn't a total waste of time. Ends up being the rear axle. It was tight but I guess it wasn't tight enuff.

Saddle sore is almost gone. Thinking couple of more days and I should be good but Storm Fay is supposed to go Noah on NJ so.... meh....

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Was chasing a creak on the RDO for a couple of weeks now... I was so certain it was the BB because.... press fit
Took out the crank to clean and grease and checked for any looseness. Everything is pretty tight and no signs of excessive wear. The bearing is also smooth as butter. I will say that the grease around the spindle area did dry up a bit so it wasn't a total waste of time. Ends up being the rear axle. It was tight but I guess it wasn't tight enuff.

Saddle sore is almost gone. Thinking couple of more days and I should be good but Storm Fay is supposed to go Noah on NJ so.... meh....

how would your BB bearings loosen up? dont you have to ride the bikes for parts to go bad? ? ?

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
when you say a bearing is loose, from an engineering stand point at least, it typically refers to slop that develops as the bearings (balls or rollers) wear against the races, this is why in some bearings preload is adjustable. If it is shifting or walking in the race that is a different issue. but a properly designed/tolerance press fit that shouldnt be an issue with so little use anyway (unless the bearing seized to the shaft and spun in the race, but again, very uncommon on maintained parts)

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
when you say a bearing is loose, from an engineering stand point at least, it typically refers to slop that develops as the bearings (balls or rollers) wear against the races, this is why in some bearings preload is adjustable. If it is shifting or walking in the race that is a different issue. but a properly designed/tolerance press fit that shouldnt be an issue with so little use anyway (unless the bearing seized to the shaft and spun in the race, but again, very uncommon on maintained parts)
If you are getting creaks, wouldn't you check for anything loose?
Thats all I did... not sure why you are making an issue of this LOL

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
i really wasnt making an issue, i was just busting your balls for spending more working on bikes than riding(or so it seems from your posts). and then it was raining so in my boredom kept responding :shrug:

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Which is a harder ride? Lets assume both are 30miles and 1500ft of climbing
1. at 13.2mph avg
Screen Shot 2020-07-19 at 12.42.51 PM.png

2. at 14.9mph avg
Screen Shot 2020-07-19 at 12.45.10 PM.png

Top Bottom