Booby traps in South Mountain

Tarroneus

The fact that bikes are not allowed on the trails is irrelevant. Someone breaking a county ordinance does not mean you are free to break state and federal laws in an attempt to discourage them. By that logic I can string nails across my street because people are driving above the posted speed limit.

Angry FB guy may or may not be the perp, but his rants seemed worthy of giving the community a heads up.

bigtwin100

Neither is this
https://www.google.com/amp/www.nj.c..._claim_he_killed.amp?client=ms-android-google

Considering law enforcement is looking into it, posting personal details of anyone goes beyond "not helping" into something that can turn into legal issues. Vigilante social media justice is only one step removed from the actions of the person setting traps on the trails.
"Vigilante social media Justice" is not one step away from setting setting traps. Words posted on the internet are not "One step removed" from close lining someone.

Last edited:

TheLonerider

I don't see how knowledge is harmful. If he is antibike, whether or not he is putting booby traps, it would be good for cyclists to know. You say he owns a landscape business. If I used a landscaper (which i don't) I would not hire one who was antibike, whether or not they were booby trapping trails. We should be free to vote with our feet, or not support our detractors, however you like.

Also words can have consequences if they are threats or claiming responsibility for crimes (such as trail sabotage). If he is posting stuff claiming to have put traps, or be stalking the woods with an attack dog, then he should expect people to take him at his word.

When someone says "I'd like to hit bikers", for instance, while griping about road use, I take them at their word and assume they would be a threat if I saw them on the street. If you don't want this, don't say things like that i.e. make threats to hurt folks.

Lonerider

Tarroneus

Had a very funny but frightening conversation with my sister the other night, she's a social worker and literally the last person on Earth I thought would lose faith in humanity. She coined the phrase "the rise of Asshole-ism", saying it's gone from a negative behavior to an acceptable behavior to an admired behavior.

bucknejo

Had a very funny but frightening conversation with my sister the other night, she's a social worker and literally the last person on Earth I thought would lose faith in humanity. She coined the phrase "the rise of Asshole-ism", saying it's gone from a negative behavior to an acceptable behavior to an admired behavior.

+1 on that analysis. i always feel like the moment something gains traction as "acceptable" it's a 50 cent cab ride to "admired behavior"... then that crap gets monetized on the bravo network (among others). sad face.

Top Bottom