BONTRAGER TLR PUMP vs THE COMPRESSOR

rwix15

Now that I am finally on the tubeless, I hear much debate getting the tires to seal up and seat on the rim can be a challenge without an air compressor.
Some tell me the floor pump is fine, some say avoid the CO2, and some say get the compressor. I think if I spend the money on the air compressor, I would seldom use it, and not use it for much of anything else.

Then I saw a demo at my LBS on the Bontrager TLR Flash Charger floor pump. Oh, it's a pump, ....and more. Odd, there only seems to be one TLR pump out there on the market I guess.

Anyway, once you get past with 40 plus strokes of pumping iron, the shot of air works like the air compressor, with less noise. If the Charging process doesn't completely seat the bead, the pump will already be in ‘inflation’ mode so you can continue pumping manually until the bead pops into place.

Considering the pump is $119.99 which is about the same as some basic air compressors, so far I like it.
And, you can travel with it.

Looks like a cool idea and the reviews say that it actually works. If you don't have access to an air compressor then this makes sense.

I saw that on MTBR.com. Looks awesome. Hope it holds up over time. If it does, big winner.

I like the Bontrager products better than some other brands, but the clothing gear is crazy high in price. Warranty is 2 yr on the pumps.

I was told the Bontrager sealant holds up pretty good when compared next to the Stan's.

pump is a nice idea - want something that may be useful for something other than beading tires - try a portable air tank for $30.

http://www.amazon.com/All-Power-Ame...=1413418756&sr=8-1&keywords=portable+air+tank

pump it up with your floor pump, then have at your wheel - plenty of volume and velocity. then it comes in handy if you need portable air (fill it at a free gas station of friends compressor is even better)

same concept - might have been nice if he showed that tire (tyre) wouldn't inflate with the pump..there just isn't that much volume there (2L vs a 5gl)

same concept - might have been nice if he showed that tire (tyre) wouldn't inflate with the pump..there just isn't that much volume there (2L vs a 5gl)
It looks like he's got about the same pressure as I get out of a co2 and I've never had a problem using those. That being said, on brand new tires I pretty much always have to use the floor pump and a little slapping to get the bead to lock after I juice a co2. But I also forget to soap my tires every time too.

Back
Top Bottom