Boating, Sailing, & Floating Devices

THATmanMANNY

Self explanatory. Post anything of the related. Pics, your ride, stories, etc..

Just got my NJ Boating Safety License :D
Learning how to sail and then see what comes of it. Hopefully get me something small to start.
I'm soooooooped! Can't wait for the warm weather to come around.

Last edited:

THATmanMANNY

Ok, I'll start with floating devices

First set: Paddling out to bird sanctuaries on the windward side of Oahu and passing SHAQzilla's house

Second set: It's always classy to cruise down the Delware with a fun raft

Attachments

• 022_18A.JPG
    022_18A.JPG
    286.4 KB · Views: 59
  • 016_12A.JPG
    016_12A.JPG
    335.6 KB · Views: 70
  • 026_23A.jpg
    026_23A.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 62
  • 020_17A.JPG
    020_17A.JPG
    158.8 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

warcricket

Like a Jerk
imma try and find a pic of the two mast ship my pops (certified as a sailing instructor) and his brothers built. thing is crazy. my family is super into sailing. between all my uncles and what not we have about 6 boats...

THATmanMANNY

I know man. Your pops need to teach me some skillz or I'll just drag you out to sea, assuming you picked up some skillz from your pops. Does your dad teach anywhere? I took the safety course at RU. It woulda been real coincidence if he was teaching that course or if he is the instructor next month when I set sail. I am currently drawing up a bamboo sailboat :D

The Kalmyk

I've had my license since I was 27...I started learning on a 22' Jet boat and now I can navigate the families 42 footer but cannot parallel at all...Nor will I attempt...The Barneget Bay is swarming with state police boats...I have had run ins a number of time for swerving in and out of channels with my Jet Ski...Thanks to having the license I got off every time...They are looking for people without em

Reactions: w_b

Glancing Aft

I was on a sailboat for the first time when I was 4 weeks old. My first word was boat, my second word was dingy. When I was a young teenager I used to go to a sailing race camp in Maine each summer. I've also been on all sorts of various cruises through long island sound making it as far out as Nantucket. While I don't race anymore and don't even own a boat, I do like to try to get out a few times a season.

Ian F

Eventually, I plan to build one of these:

ns.oncrow.gif

Have the plans... have the strips... even have some mahagony to make the bow and stern parts... just need the space and time... :(

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Last time I was on a sail boat, the super ghetto patched up sail ripped and we found ourselves heading toward the rocks. Fortunately, we turned in time.

EpicRidr

I built this Comet class dinghy:

Between mountain biking, sailing, boat building, and my other hobbies, I barely have time for a job. ;)

Attachments

• DSCN2068.JPG
    DSCN2068.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 25

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Did you read the article of the guy who built a schooner in his garage over the past 33 years? Can't find it online -- I think it was a CNN video, but man that's dedication and persistence.

djm

I got my boaters license when I was 17. Since then I've had some stand up jet skiis, a hobie cat, and a few boats. It doesn't matter if you have a kayak or a yacht as long as you can get out there and enjoy the scenery, kinda like mtn biking.

Here is my current ride at F cove last year. Classic Formula lines.

2791769290033940199S600x600Q85.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Attachments

• 242 ss.jpg
    242 ss.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
M

mponsig

I am adversely affected by water, my father threw me in as an infant and I have never been the same..............................................................This is our current and only fossil fuel powered boat, I've owned many in my life and this is the best one hands down
Kitesurfingpics007.jpg

Our giant floating condo we used to live on in LBI during the summers for 4 years, then we had kids, party over.............
Picture130.jpg

My baby, It was in showcar condition, had it for 8 years and sold it. Blew my knee off that boat but had some great times on it.
Dscn0316-1.jpg

Not mine but one of three go fasts I can hitch a 75+ mph ride on any time! Nothing like it if you have never done it.
Picture039.jpg

All that and Stand up Paddle Boarding, Surfing, Kayaking, Wakeboarding and kite boarding take up most of our time when not working and raising the kids.
Summer09miscpicsandJacksonHoletrip0.jpg

Kitesurfingpics031.jpg

Assortment of riding equiptment
watertoys.jpg

Laslty, dolphin #56 who has been known to frequent the Jersey coast line for the past 15 years or so and has become very accustomed to human contact. I had the pleasure of meeting him last summer in the Little Egg HArbor where I spend most of my Bay Water time. He actually let me jump in and pat him after I took the picture. I did not know at the time that he was such a famous dolphin until this summer I read an article in some mens mag about him. He is like 40 years old and lives a solitary life. I looked for him this past summer but nothing so far, this encounter last summer was in September.
dolphin-1.jpg

Anyway, I saw the boating section so I figure I'd share my hatred of the water to you all.

Last edited by a moderator:

THATmanMANNY

It's only been 11 years and after a nice little lakehouse getaway I'm about to look at a boat this weekend. Unfortunately not sailboat yet.

July 4th
648253AB-6EBA-4E22-A2E5-D30A7D6136BB.jpeg
E0F853FD-A869-4158-AA81-CF9CFB24E1C3.jpeg

I'm a newbie and I'm looking at a boat that is out of water. Would anyone here have the experience to look at a small I/O Sea Ray with me on saturday morning?
Interested
BD966CD6-AF4E-4D00-9D9A-84BF36FE47F4.jpeg
C440CDB2-F1D7-4AB5-9380-16B06DD99E30.jpeg

Last edited:

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
In for sailboat stories. I have dreams of learning to sail and getting a small daysailer in the future. Until then I'll paddle my kayak.
20171104_182117.jpg

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It's only been 11 years and after a nice little lakehouse getaway I'm about to look at a boat this weekend. Unfortunately not sailboat yet.

July 4th
View attachment 133818
View attachment 133819

I'm a newbie and I'm looking at a boat that is out of water. Would anyone here have the experience to look at a small I/O Sea Ray with me on saturday morning?
Interested
View attachment 133820
View attachment 133821
You: Did you take it out of the water because it was sinking?
Seller: No.
You: Sold.

rick81721

Lothar

July 4th
View attachment 133818
View attachment 133819

Interested
View attachment 133820
View attachment 133821

had a boat (18' primarily fishing boat) years ago until it got totaled towing it down the parkway. check out hours on the motor, that's probably the most important thing, assuming it floats without leaking!

Top Bottom