Boating, Sailing, & Floating Devices

qclabrat

Hard to come by kayaks these days. I just helped a friend with the same situation (4 kayaks). Really depends on what and where you’ll be paddling. Lakes? Beach? Rivers? Any details you can share will be helpful.
most of the time will be around the Metedeconk area, I'm the kind who gets terribly sea sick so the back bays are my cup of tea
I know zilch about kayaks, except the ones we used at the Caribbean resorts

pkovo

I impulse bought this little bass boat off the side of the road last month. Between the DMV backups and the incomplete paperwork I have for it, it will be a minor miracle if I ever get it registered and on a lake.

BCA15CAE-BAB0-4A27-9117-D1206FA5FC52.jpeg
In the meantime, this covid situation helped get our kayks out of their garage cacoon.

2022A7FC-B618-4D50-A1BE-9A703A3E92B1.jpeg

THATmanMANNY

Cool!
Are DMVs still back up? I’m dreading to have to go too. My one friend and boater told me to just use it and forget about the hassle right now... He also said one of his workers went a couple weeks ago at 3am to wait and he wasn’t even first in line!

pkovo

Cool!
Are DMVs still back up? I’m dreading to have to go too. My one friend and boater told me to just use it and forget about the hassle right now... He also said one of his workers went a couple weeks ago at 3am to wait and he wasn’t even first in line!

Guessing they arent as bad as they were, but I still think they are pretty bad.

I took my dads pick up to inspection last weekend in Ringoes. As I was waiting in line I got to see the dmv line wrapping around the entire building. Somempeople had lawn chairs and stuff. That was around 7:30. Thats also a “licensing center” which might be worse than a “vehicle center”.

Either way, the prospect of waiting around and possibly being told my paperwork isnt good enough is enough to keep me away. Besides I forgot how fun fishing from a kayak is. I’ve been to Round Valley 3 times since they opened back up last week and caught a fair number of bass each time.

I also have to take the boater certification class and get the boater endorsement on my license to use that bass boat with a motor so its a real hassle.

THATmanMANNY

WORD!!!!
No he says no trailer included. I plan to just put it on a pickup.
I'm not a sailor yet so I have no idea what I'll be even looking at.
I can even venmo or paypal you in advance.
If there is no holes or cracks and he shows you everything sets up 100%. LETS MAKE THIS HAPPEN! :) He even says he will deliver locally.

Kaleidopete

WORD!!!!
No he says no trailer included. I plan to just put it on a pickup.
I'm not a sailor yet so I have no idea what I'll be even looking at.
I can even venmo or paypal you in advance.
If there is no holes or cracks and he shows you everything sets up 100%. LETS MAKE THIS HAPPEN! :) He even says he will deliver locally.
so write him and set up a time, I'm busy Sunday, but any other time should be OK with me. If he can deliver here great. Hewitt, NJ by Clinton rd.
Get address phone

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Not a lot of ropes on a Sunfish.
I'm actually learning to sail myself, while I understand the theory, putting theory into practice takes time on a boat.
Where on the Barnegat Bay are you? I'd like to meet up at some point.
Anyway, this video goes over what you need to do to get going on a single sailboat. The real learning comes with practice. 😉

WJF

Big thanks to @Kaleidopete
Anyone want to show me the “ropes”?
Offer for anyone @pooriggy to borrow it anytime and it will most likely be stored/located Barnegat bay too! Logistics on borrower.
View attachment 139535
Big thanks to @Kaleidopete
Anyone want to show me the “ropes”?
Offer for anyone @pooriggy to borrow it anytime and it will most likely be stored/located Barnegat bay too! Logistics on borrower.
View attachment 139535
Manny, Rig it up, put it in the water and catch some wind, it will not take much to get it moving. Just remember to turn into the wind and wear a life jacket.

Top Bottom