Boat d'oh!

Floating F150s in a boat ramp never get old.

Yeah I used to get annoyed by the peanut gallery at boat ramps (especially Atlantic Highlands) but gotta admit there are constantly yahoo's with no clue. Even my work friend who kept his boat there almost had his truck slide into the drink during a low tide launch.

i'll fess up -

was launching my brother's pos boat, backed into the water, got out before the boat started to float and disconnected the winch.
back in the car, i shifted to reverse, and boom.
i forgot the trailer was a roller type - it rolled off, hit the bottom of the ramp and skipped into the water.
my brother was not amused. It did not hit the outboard.

:D

My fiend had a behemoth of a boat that he got cheap (aka paid money for someone else’s problem), and it seemed every time we took it out it would lose one engine. Trying to get that thing back into its slip on one engine was a nightmare, we’d be standing at the railing waiting to deflect it from whatever it was it was going to plow into.

A few years ago I rented a motorboat on lake sebago in Maine with some friends. We hit a rock and I just happened to be at the wheel. We were following the markers to the T so I don’t know what happened. Thankfully the rental place only charged us their insurance deductible. Of course they assumed we were drunk or something, so we had to be the laughing stock of the marina.

Back
Top Bottom